Monday, February 17, 2014

The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire!‏

We love Chelene but then we get work out songs stuck in our heads sometimes. Today its the roof is on fire. 

Hola family,

I love Sister Herrera more than words can describe. Every time I get to talk to her she strengthens me. She's has so much faith. I love my MTC companions!!! Sisters Edwards, Herrera and Tribe. Boom baby. :)

Ok so Kenneth got baptized Saturday!!!!! Yay Kenneth! His wife is a member and he learned about the church and wanted to get baptized so the Elders have been working with him and he got baptized! Yay! He seems so wonderful. We're so excited for their family and the ward has done a really great job welcoming him in. Yay Kirkland! Demi, our investigator, came and said she really liked it. She attended the YSA ward this weekend and said she wants to start going there. She wants to get baptized but at the same time she loves her Greek culture and doesn't want to give any of it up. We'll keep working with her and see how we can help her.

Hey, FOUR of our investigators are now talking to us! YAY! Miracle week. People are finally back into the swing of things after the holidays and getting back into school and work and people aren't sick so woo! We're so glad! We really hope we can see people start progressing and preparing to enter into the gate of baptism. 

Transfers have come and gone and we're all staying together! Sister Berry and I, our ward buddies Elders Johnson and Williams and our district leader and companion Elders Durane and Cameron. We're so excited! We love our little district. We got the call while we were at a dinner appointment at the bishop's house and we were all thrilled. :) They may have been some shrieks of joy and not just from us. Our new ward mission leader was excited to hear as well that we are staying. 

We had Zone Conference this week and President taught us about the doctrine of being made clean and being made holy, justification and sanctification. Ever since then we've been seeing the doctrine of justification and sanctification everywhere. So cool! I really love President. He just lays it down and calls us to repentance. Its great. He nips the problem before its a problem. We will also be singing at Stake Conference when the General Authority comes so we're excited about that. President Patrick knows who's coming but he's not saying. We're so excited! I hope that its someone who's just going to call us all to repentance. Brilliant. :)

Other things, other things...... 

I'm excited about the temple focus for March. What a great idea! I know we can pull down the powers from heaven to help us all accomplish this goal. Its going to be good! 

Sister Berry and I are Mormon Message junkies. If I could have them all on DVD I'd probably cry. We're always looking for a way to share them with people because they are so powerful. We cut our lunch sort some days and come and watch them at the church. So good! 

Well I love you all. I know God lives and I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. How grateful I am for uplifting music and testimonies through hymns. I pray for you all and am so grateful for the good that you do. 

Hey! I got a letter for Sarah D this week! Yippee! And WHAT THE CAROLINE AND DEVIN DATING?!?!? SO strange..... they would have the smartest babies ever. Haha awesome! Sarah D's hair is so long! And Sarah Jean Hernandez Jessen came home for Kwinny's homecoming! That's so awesome! Oh my friends! Those pictures just about got me. Thank you for sending them! 

Love you! 

Sister Tribe


Nothing too good this week. More cake. Why? Because we were visiting a super awesome girl in our ward at work. She works at a bakery. :)

This is why I weigh 5000 pounds. 
When I don't know what to make we end up eating the stinkiest foods I can think of. Egg/potato salad on garlic nana bread with garlic and red pepper humas. It tasted good at least. 

My new planner for this transfer. Looking super cool thanks to the awesome decorating tape Maegan and Dan sent me for my birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment