Hey Family & Friends!!!
So some weeks everyone cancels on you and you end up only talking to the strangest people. This was one of those weeks. Prepare for abbreviated stories.
One, at district study this week, one of the companionships was talking about a investigator who said they are scared to burn in hell. I said, tell them to get baptized. Elder Foster then added, "Yeah, its hard to burn when you're wet." So funny.
Two, one of the less actives we are working with, the one who is going to knit us mittens, told us she was in the circus. She had pictures to prove it. Also, she was a figure skater. We have the coolest people in our ward. I love Sister Lewis.
Three, we met a man on the street the other day after an investigator smurfed us. We were walking after a bus that had let out and so we were just saying hi to everyone walking by, trying to make eye contact and stop someone, when this guy walked by and I said "hi". He responded....wait. Better told in a different format.
Me: Hello!
Him: Hi. Bonjour.
Me: Bonjour! Comment ca va?
Him: Ca va bien, et vous?
Me: Tres bien, merci!
Then Sister Landeen came in a spoke to him in French. I had no clue what was going on but I was catching some overtones and it was strange, so when he left I asked what he said. This is what she told me....
Him: You are beautiful!
SL: It's because we're missionaries! (She says funny awkward things like that, so good.)
small talk....
Him: Do you believe in having boyfriends?
SL: We don't have them on our missions. We believe in having boyfriends but we believe in being chaste.
Him: Oh, so you're virgins?
SL: Yes.
Me: Yes. (He looked at me and asked "and you?" I just agreed because that's what Sister Landeen had said. I never know what's going on haha)
Him: Good, I've been looking for some virgins. Do you want to get married?
Sister Landeen then explained a little about temple marriages and said we would marry someone from our church.
Him: Well, our children would be Muslim so.......
And that was the end of that convo. So funny, right? And so funny that I had no clue what was going on. Haha
And with the photos I told you the story of Jean-Yves the Newfie. I may have typed Nefie but its Newfie. We met him the week before though. And the story of Awuet and meeting all her family. So awesome! We keep finding people who she is related to. So awesome! We're also teaching her cousin, Christine and she's taking us to meet her mom next time we visit!
We also went to see a less active this week and he said he was busy so we asked if we could come back on Sunday and he said sure. We went back and were talking to his young daughter who was sitting on the porch and then Sister Landeen all the sudden said ok, we need to go! I was really confused and then she told me that there was a sign on the door that said "If you're the Mormons, leave me alone or I'll call the cops." Random. He was so passive and didn't indicate that he didn't what us there like that at all. Well, oh well. He'll figure it out one day.
Other things..... Oh someone has been sending me the RS newsletter which is kind of fun. So thank you kind stranger. Sister Landeen and I continue our quest to understand the Old Testament better. We want to get the CDs so we can listen to it in the car. Maybe we'll get lucky and find them in the SallyAnne (Salvation Army).
Can I have Janice, Jeanne, Grandma and Grandmother's addresses please? Email or physical. Thank you!
Life in Fallowfield is so good. I love the ward! They take such great care of us! We get bikes this week thanks to the kindness of the members and their hard work! So grateful! We're excited! They feed us all the time so be good to the missionaries there and feed them well! :) Karma.
I love you all! The gospel is so good! I love being able to teach people about it and help them to change their lives. Be courageous and share it in any little way you can. Its a sacred gift we've been given to know and we have the responsibility to share. I love you all! I know that God lives and is preparing us all so that we can return to live with Him again. He did not send us here to fail.
Love,
Sister Tribe
So one is a picture of Jean-Yves, my Newfie boyfriend. We met him cementing some steps outside some community housing we were contacting. He was so funny and wanted to tell us all the things he knew and kept saying, "I'm pretty smart, huh?" He was so funny! We invited him to go to the ward BBQ and he asked if he could bring some beer. We told him no.
-Newfie is someone from Newfoundland. They are a bread all their own.
The other is a picture of our investigator Awuet from Sudan. Awuet was suppose to be at her brother's till the end of the month but she came home early. We had gone to an appointment on a street and they ended up not being there so as we were walking away, to our surprise, we saw Awuet! We started chatting with her and we walked towards her house down the way a bit and she asked what we were doing. We said we weren't sure because our appointments in that area had all cancelled on us. She said that she was having a party and that we could meet her Mormon sister from Utah (Yay, random Mormon sister from Utah we didn't know about). So we go meet them and then they invited us in to try their African food! YAY! Its was so good but awkward and funny. Here we are, two white little Mormon missionaries, in the small house FULL of beautiful African women. They were all dressed up in these bright colored dresses and there was probably like 15 - 20 women in that home. We sat outside and ate and people kept coming out to see the two sisters outside. So much fun and so yummy. I loved dessert the most. There was a honey soaked bread thing and also some yummy porridge with butter and yogurt and cinnamon and I don't even know what else but it was good. Both are funny stories.
No comments:
Post a Comment