Thursday, August 15, 2013

I thought the Bible Belt was bad and Nelly has a girlfriend?!‏

Hey Family & Friends,
Nelson has a girlfriend? She came to Utah? You met her? Mind blown. I forgot people is existed. I LOVE the pictures of Carly and Brian and of Danny B and MaryAnn with the shaky hand and Maria and Janson! Thank you so much! Awe, marriage. So weird and awesome. :)
French is slow. From what Sister Landeen tells me I'm not going to "learn" it here in Ottawa. Like I can learn proper grammar and things but I don't get to speak it or hear it enough to learn it. So....that's that? I try. We study it most days. It is what it is I guess.
Sister Landeen and I get along great. Of course we have  better times than others but its all good. We're both quick to forgive and move on. We love each other. Its been great serving with her.
Thank you for the money. My shoes got in a fight with a vacuum cleaner and so they looked really bad. And my purse exploded this week so I'll be getting a new one today. The thing is hanging together by a hair elastic and safety pin. Haha
Ok, so lots to say and little time so I'll go quick:
So I wanted to tell you about the Macnab family because we love them. They are this cute young married couple with two kids, Ava 5 and Hunter 2. They are so funny! And Sister Macnab is an awesome missionary. Just gives away Books of Mormon like crazy and also teaches her kids to do it to. Ava is a rock star when it comes to the gospel. She was asked to give a talk about prayer and when her parents asked her want she wanted to say she ran and got her Book of Mormon reader and opened up to the story of Enos. How cool is she? Brother Macnab is in the Bishopric and is so kind. Awesome story about Hunter. On Friday, he was saying the prayer of their lunch and said "And thank you that the Sister Missionaries could come over for dinner tonight." We were not coming over for dinner that night. So after the prayer they called us up and invited us and we were so excited because one, we love them and two, we only had one dinner appointment last week. Love them. We let some other missionaries borrow Sis. Landeens Garmin for a few days and we went to ask them for a map. They gave us their iPad to figure out how to get about for a afternoon. Super awesome family. Hunter enters the fetal position anytime he gets shy. Super funny. And he whispers everything when we're around. So funny.
So we've found a LOT of a Bible thumpers lately. Its been a bit intense trying to talk to them about the Book of Mormon, modern prophets and those amazing things we have. We're having to really start reading and studying the Bible. I don't know the Bible very well. Well I know the New Testament but the Old...it's iffy. So now I get to study it! Super difficult to walk that line between giving evidence and not Bible bashing per say.... But we're working on it. Mostly we get lectured at about the Bible and how we're wrong and we need to read the Bible and 'interpret it correctly'. Its like talking to JWs. We just cut them off as soon as we can and get out of there. New motto: if the Spirit leaves, so do we.
We have new Elders in the other ward who are our partners in the gray area. So if our investigators don't have cars, they go to the other ward in a different building because you can bus there but you can't bus to our ward. They are good stuff. One is from Quebec and has been out for about a year or just over I think. The other is fresh off the airplane from Belgium. They are great! But they both speak French so it is rough for me to understand. The elder from Belgium speaks English really well so I talk to him in English. Mostly I just hand over the phone to Sister Landeen whenever they call. Oh my French....Its sad. One day I will be able to understand people...hopefully.
So funny story. Yesterday we pulled away from the church parking lot and we had left a huge puddle of something and I was like oh no. So then it happen again later at a Dinner Appointment and this morning we called the fleet specialist in the mission office. He told us to go check the fluids and go to the auto shop. Well we checked the fluids when the car was off and the coolant was low. So we took it in and the mechanic kind of gave us a funny look because its a new car. Turns out, it was the AC dripping. Weird.  I didn't know they AC dripped that much. So now we leave puddles a water wherever we go. Funny story.
We should get a bikes this week....hopefully. We have to call everyone and get it coordinated but we have our bells and lights and helmets, just no bikes. One day....
Well I'm almost out of time. I love you all so much! Thank you for all you do for me. Hopefully I will get to write some letters today - I just never know. We're going on splits tonight so I will get to drive the car for the first time since I've been a missionary. So, looking forward to that a bit. I pray for you all! God loves you and the church is Christ's restored church on the earth. What a beautiful knowledge we have! Pass it on.


Love, Sister Tribe
My first trip to IKEA ever! This is the largest IKEA in Northern America. I love their ice cream cones the most.

We are the goofiest. This is Elder Foster, Elder Tia, Sister Landeen and I. The Fallowfield missionaries! We're in the church parking lot after a missionary fireside/devotional thing.

1 comment:

  1. L your posts, Kimmy. I'm glad you love your mission so much. Sounds like your doing a great job. I love you.

    ReplyDelete