Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Fong's are going but BRIAN AND CARLY ARE FOREVER!!!!!‏

AWE BRIAN AND CARLY!!!!!!!

I could cry all day long for the joy I feel for them. Happiest day! I love you both some much and I am so trilled for you. Just, joy. :)

Ok, so many things to say and 21 minutes to say them. Ready, GO!

Sister Landeens birthday was last week! Wahoo 22! (Also I'm using a french laptop at the Apple store so it has a crazy keyboard. I'll do my best.) It was so fun! We went to the Fongs to help them pack and Sister Jackett made her a yummy birthday cake and it was a great day. The next day we went to a members house and they had gotten us a delish cake as well and sent like half of it home with us so we gave it to our Elder Brothers. Awesome day. Super fun. She got a package from her family and it totally made her day.

Speaking of packages! I got your package! It took one week, I got it friday and it was little enough it fit in our mailbox so we didn't have to go the post office to pick it up or anything. THANK YOU for the scarf and oils. You're all so amazing. Thank you for the scarf. I wore it the next day. :)

We went and visited a less active this week who is an older lady and is so awesome! She is going to knit us mittens! Seriously, so excited. She knits a great mitten. Really excited. Her name is Sister Lewis. She's funny. I'll tell you more the more we get to know her.

So we started teaching this kid Danny. He's 16 and we found him on a list of potential investigators the Elders gave us. He's awesome. We were talking about authority and how without it everyone was doing the best they could but they didn't know exactly what to do. And he said, Oh like a chicken with its head cut off. Brilliant!  He totally got it. So awesome. We love Danny - bummer he can't drive and we're not sure if his family has a car. So when we teach people who don't have cars who are families or who live out by us we have to pass them over to the Champlain ward because you can bus to their church building and you can't to ours. We're so sad to see them go but we're glad they are being taught and that they can go to church. We lose a lot of investigators that way haha.

Cynthia came to a church tour! Cynthia is the darling older women we've been teaching. She's so great. We took her on Saturday and we had two cute older, single members who live by her pick her up and take her out. She really seemed to like it! She didn't come to church on Sunday but maybe next week. That was a big step for her. We're thrilled.

So I have a couple of questions and if there is time left I'll tell you about some more people. How are Jay and Lyss and the BABY? I forgot they were having a baby and then last night it hit me. It must be coming soonish yeah? And Katie and Josh?! When is that all going down? Oh man, so exciting. 

Can I have Grandma's and Jeanne and Janice's addresses please? And Grandmother's email? Please and thank you. 

Ok, just a quick story. So one day Sister Landeen and I are walking down in Bayshore, down Woodridge, and Sister Landeen thinks, We should find a street performer to teach. We come around a bit of road and I see a guy playing his guitar and say, Hey, look that guy is playing his guitar over there. She then told me her thought and we all but ran over there. He was waiting for his grandpa who we soon met as well. He's so funny! The grandpa and Paul. In the course of like a ten minute convo his grandpa probably hugged us 5 or 6 times and kissed us on the cheek. What do you do when grandpas kiss you? It was so awkward and funny. We're probably going to teach Paul Wednesday and we're so excited. 

Side note, my tan slash nude shoes are in rough shape. I'm going to see if I can find some new ones on sale about. And my bag is starting to rip on the sides by the straps. I've superglued it once but it may not make it too much farther. The problem is the straps don't go up all the way on the sides. They stop half was up. I've been eying a purse at a store here. Maybe in the next few weeks I'll see if it goes on sale. Its $40 but its all leather and has a thick, wide strap. Just a heads up. I have plenty in my account right now that it shouldn't be a problem. 

Thanks for loving me! Love you all like crazy. Church is true!

Love, 
Sister Kimmy Tribe
Sister Landeen"s birthday breakfast

Cake at the Fongs for S Landeen's birthday - helping them pack some more

Fong family. Love them.

Us with the FONG FAMILY!!!! They are leaving us forever Wednesday and we"re so excited for them to have a new adventure in Alberta. Took this one this morning after we had helped them pack. 

Double rainbow. It rains so much here. 

Crazy gopher who lives under people's houses. Awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment