Hola famille!
I think I combined languages there.
So transfers are on the 26th. We get the call Saturday night to say what our fate is. I have been here for six months so I don't know if I'll get to stay. I told President I wouldn't request to stay or go because I just want to go where the Lord wants me and I want whoever needs to be here for these people to be here. But I really love the people here. We had a few investigators and members tell us they were going to write President and demand that we stay. We told them it would be better to take that one up with God. We'll see how it goes. :)
I don't think I've been this nervous for a transfer before. I might really go to deep Quebec and then I'll be in the freezing snow and French. So...BRING IT ON!!! Haha I have no clue what's going to happen. Sometimes I think I'll stay and then some times I think I'm going. I don't know.
I was sick this last week so we stayed home a lot. But it seems that everyone else got sick as they same time as me so it all worked out!
We had mission conference on Wednesday but since the mission is so big and there are too many missionaries to come stay the night at the mission home/office/Montreal, President toured the missions and went to all the different zones. Exciting news, we had a member of the 70 come. Elder Piper and his wife. He did a big Q and A type thing. We asked questions then he taught us what we could do to help our investigators/less-actives and answered our questions all rolled into one. It was awesome. It was all about listening to our investigators and less-actives, listen for their real questions, then teach them how to find their own answers in the Book of Mormon. Pretty much, look it up in the index and write what we learn about your question. We'll be back this day and we want you to teach us what you've learned. So simple, right? We don't need to answer all their question. We just need to empower them to act and do it themselves. Duh! He's amazing.
Other things that happened this week........
We've been trying to work with more and more less-actives. They are awesome and going through really hard things. We do what we can but we've got, teenage pregnancies, autistic children meltdowns, divorce, wayward teens and everything in between. We do what we can but we just mostly try to be there, invite the Spirit and show them a better way. Life isn't fair but it can be better through invoking the power of the Atonement in your life.
Let see, what else.....
We had a missionary fireside last night (like we do every month) and this one was on why we do family history work. It was awesome! Bummer part? No one came. So President Wiltse (our ward mission leader slash member of the mission presidency) and a member spoke really well on it but no one was around to hear. Oh well. Pres. Wiltse was a bit upset though and really got upset when I didn't want to take the leftover treats home. Again, oh well. He knows deep down that we're his favorites.
We went Downtown today with Sister Herrera and Sister Zuniga and it was really fun! It was the first time on my mission I've gotten to hang out with other missionaries and it was great! I love those sisters so much!
I'm trying to think if we have any funny stories to tell from this week but I don't think so. Lame week. I learned some secrets about Sister Terron this week that kind of blew me away. She's so secretive. You think you know someone after living with them for 10 weeks but no, you don't. Haha
If I do get transferred, I don't know how I'm going to move everything. Haha I have no clue. I guess I'll just figure it out!
We got to go help Sister Lewis with some service this week. In return, she is mending some of our clothes that have torn. She's the best. I really love her. She's been in the circus and was a figure skater and all kinds of things. When I grow up, I want to be Sister Lewis. She's the happiest woman you'll ever meet. She showed us how to make scrubbies. It was awesome. Its like a scrub bud but made out of tool and its crocheted.
Well I'm about out of time. I love you all. The Lord is good and merciful. We are so lucky to have the truth and to not have to doubt. We can move forward in faith, walking in the light of His love. Share the light. Sometimes that EFY song comes to mind. Everybody, shine the light, don't hide the light, got to find the light. Do to do do do.
Love,
SISTER TRIBE
Our cutest district! I LOVE being in the same District as Sister Herrera. Its been so fun. I don't want either of us to leave but one day, I hope we get to serve together again.
We went downtown today with Sister Herrera and Sister Zuniga. I love these sisters so much. Us in front of the Beavertails stand.
Poutine anyone?
Sister Terron's first poutine.
Yay Smoke's!
Creepest spider (with eggs) statue ever. It doesn't even have a face!
No comments:
Post a Comment