Well Family & Friends,
I got my marching orders. I'm off to Kirkland which is English speaking Montreal. I'm going to be serving with Sister Berry, who I know. She use to serve in Chapel Hill which is in our zone. Cool bit - she was also trained by Sister Landeen. Sister Terron will be staying here and will be receiving Sister U-Fa from Tahiti. She has been here over a year from what we hear and everyone LOVES her so we're really excited about that.
I did get my Christmas package and I did NOT open my presents because that would make this a super sad Christmas. The Thomson wedding is on the 30th but Sister Thomson is in full wedding prep mode. I just love them. Oh, the Thomsons. I'm going to miss them heaps.
What the Joe Favero got engaged! That's the craziest! Every one is the marryingest. I love it. Yay Joe! Bon chance!
The boots are great. I love them lots. Thank you SO much! They are so warm. Great boot picking mom! I have not gotten mittens or any new hats but I had brought some hats with me and hopefully we'll get mittens today....if there is time. Its a crazy day.
Yay Toph winning most Photogenic! You're pretty......... :) (said in Mom's creepy bathroom lady voice.)
NYC eh? Must be nice. We'll be super close! I'll be just a few hours north of there! Don't get temped to come visit me because I don't even know my address. :) Along with its super against the rules.
Well this week has been crazy. I don't even know what's happened this week. Mostly the last day has been crazy. Said goodbye to what I'm sure is the greatest ward in all of Canada. I love Fallowfield. Everyone has been offering to feed us today and last night and have been offering me rooms to stay in when I come back. I have felt so loved and I can"t even stand it. I have to say goodbye to more investigators tonight and I am not looking forward to that. I love these people so much! We said goodbye to the Rivera's last night and I almost started crying. I love them. I love all the people here. I can't even imagine being somewhere new where I don't love everyone and know all the good things about them. It going to be an adventure for sure. Next week there will be more pictures of people I love and say goodbye to today.
Yesterday was the Primary Program and Juliana, Ben and Luisa came. Oh! I love that family! Lu got upset she couldn't go sing with all the kids on the stage so Ben and Juliana had to take her out. After a bit, she came back and said they were going to go. We fallowed them out and sat with Lu in a classroom and we ended up saying a prayer and singing hymns and it was amazing. The power of prayer is real. She was able to calm down for a bit and sing and then we took her to Primary. She did really well but then wanted everyone to go back to the "old concert" in the other room and got worked up again so they decided to leave. Ben ran into Bishop Spencer on the way out and we went with Juliana and Lu to get coats. She didn't want to go so we said a prayer together again and she was able to calm down. Oh that precious little girl! I just love her so much. It will be really hard to leave her. I love this family so much and I just want them to be together forever. They need the gospel and slowly but surely it might happen in this life. Ben and Juliana are amazing parents. They just are easy going and care so much for Luisa. They are just so patient and they just have all the time in the world to talk to her and help her though it. I just love them. I really really do. Haha can you tell I love them? Maybe I should say it a few more times. They invited us for dinner tonight and I'm so excited. They will be hard to leave.
Update on Ben our recent convert. He's doing great. He's in the full swing of things here and just taking all the steps he needs to to keep progressing in the gospel. He leaves for Venezuela soon to get married so that will be interesting. Next time I see him he'll have a wife. Weird. Kinda.
Maegan sent me a blog update. Yay Maegan! Thank you so much! I probably don't have time to write letters today. We've got a lot to do. I love the people here. Love them. Its going to be weird leaving and not coming back BUT I'm excited for a new adventure.
I know God lives and loves us. We were 'teaching' a Muslim guy the other day and he just kept denying that Jesus is the Christ and trying to make us question our own testimonies and every time he said something the thought came to my mind, "Wrong." And it was that simple. Jesus Christ IS our Savior. We need Him. He preformed the Atonement and it is ONLY through Him that we can become cleansed from our sins and become worthy to enter into God's presence again. I love my Savior. He lives and loves us. He suffered for me to give me the opportunity to repent, be baptized by proper authority, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost and give me the strength to endure to the end. I am so grateful for Him and His selfless act of love. I love Christmas and for the special Spirit that comes with it. I pray that we may all soften our hearts and be receptive to His message of love and salvation.
Love you!
Sister Tribe
Sister Terron and I finally needing our coats. Its snowing and -11 some days!
The Rivera family. I LOVE them.
Ottawa Zone picture!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment