Monday, March 3, 2014

Drunks, Fiats and a broken heart.‏

Hey family,

Just a short email today. 

Our car needed to be fixed - there was a leak in the engine and they had to replace some parts. They said it would take 3 hours but 5 hours later they called us and told us it wasn't going to be done so they were getting us a rental car. The rental guys show up and low and behold, it was a Fiat 500 L. Best rental car ever! We were so excited and they we started thinking that maybe it wasn't ok for us to drive a rental car, because its not a mission approved vehicle. So we called the Zone Leaders who said to call President. We talk to him about it and he said it was ok to drive. We were SO excited! We took it back the next afternoon but it was fun while it lasted. 

Last night we went and passed by an investigator who we haven't heard from in a long time. We buzzed her apartment and she acted super confused as to who we were. Some nice kid let us in and we went and knocked on her door. She and some man answered and they had both been drinking. A lot. We ended up having this long talk with them. The man said he was ready to go home. That he had been going through too many hard things and that he was done. We just listened and our investigator yelled a bit but in the end I just felt like I should shake my head and say no. He kept looking deep in my eyes searching for an answer. I hope he understood the message. We then talked to our investigator for a while. She told us about the darkness she had been living in and that she wanted to live in the light again. We just listened and she taught herself. She identified what needed to change, that she still had great love for Jesus Christ and that she know none of the things she had been doing where good and that she was going to change. She also told us why she hasn't been coming to church and we talked about how we can help. She said we can come back. It is a amazing the power that comes through loving the Lord and following the Light. D&C 50:24. I pray that the Light of Christ can always be found in my eyes. 

Well I'm broken hearted about my grandma. I love my grandma. I pray for her peace and for the family. That's about all I can say about that. I'm grateful for great doctors and for caring nurses. 

Today we have a Zone Activity. The Elders asked us to be in charge of food and I could have cried. I love assignments like that. We're having Hawaiian Haystacks. We're also playing dodge ball and all the best elementary school games like four corners, possibly some heads up 7 up. We'll see. 

Please keep praying for Demi. She really needs it. I love you all. 

Sister Tribe
Exchanges in Kirkland with Sister Cutler!! Stopped by Starbuck to have our stewardship interview. :)
Sister Cutler hid some candy hearts in our apartment. What a great surprise! They were DIVA candy hearts. 

One had a crown on it. :)


Fiat 500 L. Story to come...

Saying goodbye to the Fiat

Discovered a French bakery by our house. We're in trouble. Premiere Moisson! 

Sister Sherwood and Sister Cutler (Sister Training Leaders) surprised us with Tim Horton's hot chocolate and timbits! We love them so much! They also snuck a pic while we weren't looking. Those Sisters... 

Just for Kimmy when I make this into a book

  • A Letter To My Grandma‏

  • Dear Grandma,

    I love you so much. I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through this pain and discomfort. This past week my companion and I have been studying about grace. One of our favorite scriptures we have discovered is Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." I know that He lives. I know that He came and atoned for our sins, our heartaches, our weaknesses, our pains, our sicknesses and all those things that can be difficult about this life. He is there to lift us up in those moments when our hands or heads may hang heavy. He can give us strength to preserver until the end. I am so grateful for your righteous example and faith, Grandma. Thank you. Thank you for being my grandma. 
    I was told once that we got to choose who are parents and grandparents would be before we came here. I must have been first in line to get a grandma like you! I love you so much. You are always in my prayers and I pray that the Lord will help you through this as He has with everything else. I am so blessed to have known you and to share in your love for Christ. 
    I don't know what else to say but that I know He lives. He love us. He is waiting for us to return to His arms. I am so grateful for the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation, the sealing ordinance, God's eternal plan for families and the mercy and great love that God and Jesus Christ have for us. God sent his Son to preform the ultimate act of love and His grace is what will allow us to return to the presence of our Heavenly Parents to dwell as exalted beings forever. May God be with you. 

    I love you,

    Kimmy







No comments:

Post a Comment