Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Mission Conference, General Authorities and All of our Friends!‏

Hey family,

Here is the week in 7 minutes or less......

We had a much better week! We taught more people and some people shared things that were close to them. We can tell we are earning people's trust and the Spirit is working in them. They can progress, I know it!

We had an AWESOME mission conference. I'd be lying if I said seeing all of the missionaries wasn't one of my favorite parts. I LOVED THAT! I got to see all my Fallowfield friends and got to hear how everyone is doing over there. Sister Terron is amazing. I love her. Got to see Sister Herrera and get her update. And Sister Landeen, we get to see her every now and again. I saw Elders Thia, Foster and Messenger. I love them! I could have cried. They are my friends. Its the weirdest to see missionaries you love and haven't seen in ages and you just shake their hands. It would be weirder to hug them though. I love missionaries. Also President Wiltse, former Fallowfield ward mission leader, was there. He baked me cookies. I always knew I was his favorite. :)

We then had a conference where Elder Neil L. Anderson, Bishop Gerald Caussee, Elder Hollstrom of the 70 presidency and Elder Hommer the area 70 spoke to us. Amazing! Their wives also spoke. Bishop Caussee spoke in French because we all speak French, right? Wrong. I didn't understand anything. I cried. It was awful. I really need to learn French. Tenderest of all mercies though, the Spirit still taught me some beautiful truths from the few words I did understand. Yay for that. Everything that was said came back to Christ. It was beautiful. 

We then went for poutine with the Elders. Didn't know it was a cash only place so we had to go walk around and look for a bank. We walked like 3 km. haha in the snow. In flats. Good times. Then I ate a grande poutine to show the Elders that I was that tough. I was sick afterwards. Then we had a dinner appointment. I almost died. 

Sunday was stake conference with Elder Hollstrom. Sister and President Patrick called us "our missionaries" and their family. We love them. Sometimes we feel like we really don't know them, but they love us and we love them. That's what matters most. Oh, another one of their kids is going on a mission. Tahiti. So cool. That will be three out at one time for them. And their mission presidents. Whoa. 

Highlights from conferences:

Those who hear the cry of the Father seeking His lost sheep understand the worth of a soul.

Keep your eyes towards the Savior and we cannot drift away. 

Repentance is the only way to refocus our eyes on the Savior. 

The work will only hasten in the Lord's intended way when members and missionaries hasten themselves. 

Family history work can raise our vision to the eternal salvation and nature of souls. 

We can be reverent all the time. 

Family worship is essential to family salvation.

Very large things hinge on very small decisions. 

You can count the seeds in an apple but you can't count the apples in a seed. 

Salvation = awakening unto God. 

When we make sacrifices for Heavenly Father we can then come to understand Christ. 

You will be you forever. 

There is no where we can better learn about the Atonement then in the Book of Mormon. 

Know the life of Christ. 

What you know of Christ will carry you through the veil, the resurrection and eternal life. 

When you don't know what to say, speak of Christ. 

His atonement will bless our lives forever and we will praise His name forever. 

LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!! 

Sister Tribe 
Fallowfield four. 
All of Sister Landeen's companions.
Walking for ages in the snow downtown.


Ate an entire grande poutine at La Banquise.....I think that's how you spell that. 

Fallowfield reunion!!!! 
Fantastic knitted bunny and owl I got from a cute old lady at the retirement home we volunteer at. 

No comments:

Post a Comment