Today was fun. We went to Sarah's house today and gardened. I loved it. I don't think Sister Berry was such a fan but she's a good trooper. We went over around 9 am and they made us breakfast. (We all know how much I love breakfast so that was already a great way to start the day.) Then we went outside and weeded gardens and edged and planted flowers and some shrubs and things. It was awesome. And their cute older neighbor named Haffies or Haphys or something like that kept coming over and giving us tips. He has a beautiful yard so I just did what he told me. We did her front gardens then we moved to the back. Sarah's husband Grant was home because I think its a holiday today. He watched the kids and when we went to do the back yard he grill up some kabobs and we had a late lunch. It was good. We didn't get out of there till like 2:30 pm. It was awesome. I love working outside. I love being in the sun! Blessed be the out doors. I seriously need to clean my nails out now though.
First thing Sarah said when she saw us in pants was, "You guys look so much more comfortable!" And then, "Whoa Sister Tribe, your pants make you look taller!" Umm... Thank you? Haha
This old commercial makes Sister Berry and I laugh so hard.
Ok, cool story! A few weeks ago we taught the Young Women's class. We challenged each of the girls to give someone a Book of Mormon. One girl, Olivia had someone in mind right away. We followed up a week and a half later and no one had done it still! So we got after them a bit and said they had to do it within the week. On Sunday Olivia asked us for an English Book of Mormon and said she was going to give it to her friend after church. On Wednesday when we got to mutual, Olivia had brought a friend! We were going through some of the "Questions of the Soul" that the Book of Mormon answers (Preach My Gospel Chapter 5 https://www.lds.org/manual/preach-my-gospel-a-guide-to-missionary-service/what-is-the-role-of-the-book-of-mormon?lang=eng ). Perfect lesson to have a non member at. Then we all went through and shared our favorite scriptures from the Book of Mormon. Best part, Olivia's friend had started reading the Book of Mormon and had a favorite scripture! Are you kidding me? What could be better? She said that Olivia had written her a note in the front of her book and had told her that the Book of Mormon would help her through hard times. She read the first chapter and got to the end, 1 Nephi 1:20,
"...But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance."
She said that when she read that, she felt that what Olivia had said was true. She believed that God would help her in her trials and that the Book of Mormon would help her as well. I was floored! We're so excited. We are going to try and arrange so we can teach her and maybe her family! Its a miracle! I love the Book of Mormon. It is so good. I don't truly understand how sometimes, but it really does make life better. We should all read it, every day. Its just so needed in our lives. It makes life better.
So we have a new District Leader, because Elder Duran went home. His name is Elder Sloot, he is from BC and I think he will fit in nicely with us. Its his first time being district leader and we're excited for him. He already gave us some cool challenges and is really going to try to help us to grow. We still miss Elder Duran. He was a really great district leader.
This week is Sister Berry's birthday! I don't know what we are going to do yet, but something good! I might make crepes for breakfast and then we have a lunch appointment and a dinner appointment and service at Manoir Kirkland. We're also excited for that. Hopefully it'll be a good day for her! I'll try to think of something good.
One of our returning members gotten a new kitten....and it has thumbs. It that weirdest thing I've ever seen. It literally has mittens. Apparently this is a somewhat normal thing. I just think its weird. That cat has some big old feet. Its going to be huge.
We did a lot of service this week. I love service. If we could do service always, I would love it.
So on Sunday we were asked to teach a primary class. They even found a woman to come sit in the class with us. But no one really came to church this Sunday, so we only had one person in our class.We combined with another class. The woman teaching the class was Jennell. I love Jennell. She's from the States. I love people from the States. I love people from Canada too. Its just like when we go to people's houses who are from the States we latch on to each other because its like a bit of home. Any who, Jennell has a son who is a bit developmentally delayed so she has to work with him a lot and she goes to a lot of classes with him. She teaches the Sunbeams and we sat in with her class. Watching her teach and use all these different methods and tools of learning made me really miss the children's school at Weber State. I love children. I love helping children learn. It made me think that maybe I should have majored in Early Childhood Education. But then I think maybe I can study early intervention at grad school or something. Not going to worry about it right now, but man, seeing her on Sunday made me realize how much I have forgotten and how much I love children. Oh man, sometimes its hard to be a missionary. No children. That's ok though.
Funny thing ended up happening last night. We were at a dinner appointment and we asked one of the sons (who is YSA age) if he knew a red head in the French YSA branch who served in the Maritime. They did and next thing we knew, they had him on video chat. Say WHAT?! Yeah, then we chatted with him on video chat for a minute. He knows a less active in our ward and we wanted to work with him to get her to come back to church and baptize her family. It was really funny though. Sister Berry and I were super awkward. Technology.
Well, we're out of time. I love you lots! Tell Chase happy birthday for me and that I love him. Happy Birthday to Aunt Janice as well! I think I missed that last week.
Take care!
Love,
Sister Tribe
Been working all day in the sun at Sarah's doing yard work!
No comments:
Post a Comment