Tuesday, May 6, 2014

One year older and wiser too = Plus de sagesse et savoir-faire

Hey fam,

I got a package! On May Day! What could be better? Thank you so much for the chocolates and Hi-Chews and the CDs and for putting conference on my iPod. You're fantastic. Thank you. 

So we went on exchanges on May Day, slash my one year mark, so we all went out to Cora's for breakfast. I love Cora's. I love breakfast. This time I got a giant waffle with strawberries. It was really good. I miss going to breakfast with the family on Saturdays. I think about that on Saturdays sometimes. Moore's. What a great place. 

I asked President if I could extend four extra transfers. He said they rarely approve extensions anymore. But he didn't say no. :)

We visit a lot a little old ladies in the ward. Most of them are semi less active or flat out less active so we go give them some spiritual food and usually they show up. They just think we're the nicest. We love it. We love our little old ladies. They tell us we're just like their children and they always try to stuff us full of food. Never have I drank so much juice. We visit one cute little Filipina lady who has a super thick accent and its taken us some time to understand what she says, but she's so funny. This last week as we left a lesson with her we got talking and we're pretty sure she told us she drinks coffee every morning, doesn't pay her tithing and isn't coming to church because she got a job and her visiting teacher told her it was ok. What the?! Thank heavens for the gift of tongues! We had no clue, but now we know what we can help her work on! 

One of our absolute favorite less actives, Sarah, told us she was really struggling the last two weeks. We haven't been able to see her in two weeks because her in-laws were staying with them. She said she just loses the motivation to do good and be good. So we talked a little about what motivates us to do good and be good and we said we'd pray and think, and challenged her to do the same, and talk to some people. Find out what motivates them to be obedient. So, one night came the revelation. I started writing on some paper cut out hearts different things the motivate people to be obedient and in just a few minutes I had like 64. Then I thought, "Hum, I bet we could think of 100 things that motivate people to do good and be good." We did. We wrote 100 things that motivate people to do good and be good. We're going to hide them in her house tonight when we go over for dinner. We might tape them to her wall and then tomorrow she'll find them and be so motivated she'll start coming to church. I'm sure of it. Well, I'm hopeful for it. We'll see. I just pray for her all the time. I really want her to progress and I know if she would come to church, meet with the bishop, and start taking the sacrament, it would be a miracle. She would just receive so much more of the Spirit in her life and it would be easier to stay motivated. Its a hard thing to start repenting for a whole life time but I know once you start it gets easier and it feels so much better. You just have to start. God will let you know what to say and as soon as you start saying it you make room for the Spirit to come in and you receive anew that "baptism by fire." We need that! I need that. We all need that in our lives. We can't survive trying to carry around all the mistakes we've made. We need Jesus Christ in our lives. Matthew 11:28-30. Try it. Ether 12:6.


Happy Smothers Days Dimanche! 

ou 

Joyeux Fete de Mere! 

LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See you Sunday! 

Love,

Sister Tribe
Cora's for May Day with the Sister Training Leaders, Sister Sherwood and Sister Cutler


No comments:

Post a Comment