HOLY SMOKES! I can't even believe BABY GIRL HILTON is here! Its too good to be true!
Um well, its hard to top news like that! I can't even remember what else has been going on this week after news like that. YAY!!!!!!!!!!
Well um so this week......There were a lot of birthdays! Elder Cameron's 19th birthday was on Monday (he's in our district and we met in the MTC but he was in the advanced language program). Then Sister Berry's 21st birthday was Thursday! And then Elder Sloot's (our new District Leader) 20th birthday is today! Birthdays! I'm an old lady out here. Haha
We made Elder Cameron sweet rolls. A few weeks ago I promised him I would if we were still together for his birthday I would make them for him. They turned out great. They turned out HUGE. And tasty. We were able to share them with a few families, which I always love. I really love baking.
For Sister Berry's birthday I made crepes for breakfast. Then we had a lunch appointment with a cute older couple in the ward at their retirement home. They always give us each and apple, an orange and some candy when we leave. I love them. Then we went to one of our less active's. She is from the Philippines and she always makes us like 30 lbs of panset (don't know how you really spell that but that's what it sounds like). So good. So filling. Then we went to Linda's, our Montreal Maman's house, and she made us dinner. Deep fried fries and chicken. I thought I was going to die. Then we helped her put her new Tesmo (or something like that) together. Its a coffee maker and we gave her a crooked look but she bought a bunch of hot chocolate stuff to make in it so we just gave her a few gabs about it and she promised to only use it for hot chocolate. We'll keep our eyes on her. We had hot chocolate and cupcakes. It was so fun!
We've been reading the Book of Mormon with one of our semi-active members. I love this woman. Her name is Sister Kirkey. She joined the church shortly after her husband left her. She has been a member for like 20 years. She's 83 and takes us out to lunch every now and again. She is one of the sweetest women I know. I love her! She is loving the Book of Mormon! I love the Book of Mormon. It just makes you happy. Talk about desirable fruit.
AH! Can you please order me a Conference Ensign?! They only gave us ONE this time. Its really best to have your own so you can mark it and use your own system of learning. Please and thank you! If not, je comprend.
We have to go! Recommended reading for the week - The Resurrected Jesus Christ https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2014/04/the-resurrection-of-jesus-christ?lang=eng
Listen to it if you can. It is amazing to me how when you can find ONE THING that someone has a testimony of and help them see how the one thing can help them believe all other things. It is a miracle. God lives and loves us.
LOVE YOU ALL!!!! Loving Baby Girl Hilton - God does answer prayers!
Love,
Tante Tribe
Birthday miracle! We had next to no money left for this month. Sister Berry really wanted to go to Thai Express for lunch, but we didn't have the mula. So, on Tuesday a member called us and told us she wanted to take us out for HER birthday. We met her at the mall and she handed us $20 and told us to go to the food court. What's in the food court? Thai Express. Birthday miracle! Heavenly Father is so merciful.
Sister Berry's birthday at Linda's (of course!). We love our Montreal Maman.
Made beautiful GIANT sweet rolls for Elder Cameron's birthday. Every loved them.
No comments:
Post a Comment