Monday, July 7, 2014

Do you want to buy a duck?‏

Bonjour ma famille!
 
So I met our recent convert for the first time this week and she is the cutest thing ever. Pierina. She's 20 years old, from Spain and came to Canada to visit her aunt and uncle and practice her English. BUT we now know the real reason why she was here was so she could learn about the gospel and get baptized! She's so cute. "We" (Sister Hernandez) teachers her in Spanish and Sister Hernandez translate everything we say for her. She's so cute. She's going to come and visit Utah next July and we're going to go temple hopping with her. She told us last time we saw her that she wants to go on a mission. AH! She's so cute. What could be better. She's so amazing. I love recent converts because you can just feel the mighty change that has come in them. They are new people, truly born again. Every time we talk to her I get this feeling of holiness. She is going to be a mighty force for good in the world.
 
"Do you want to buy a duck?" is a game the Sisters taught me. We play it in three languages; French, English and Spanish. So goofy and so fun.
 
I love our apartment. I'm seriously so happy. I don't remember a time when I have been so consistently, always happy. We just laugh all the time and someone is always doing something goofy. And they are all so loving. I've never seen such genuine love in one apartment of girls. Its the happiest place. Haha
 
French is going. Its getting better. Its hard when there are a lot of people talking like at church or at dinner appointments. But lessons are getting easier. I usually always know what we're talking about (because we planned it in advance) and there is only one person talking at a time. A lot of the members speak French and English. Or English and Spanish. Or French and English and Spanish so they are really kind and if all else fails they speak English to me. The other missionaries are so kind and translate for me when they can see I'm struggling. Such are miracle.
 
Other cool things to share....
 
 I don't know. I'm out of time. I love you all. Just choose to fill your life with happiness. It makes everything better.
 
Music is powerful. The free youth music on lds.org is the coolest. Love you!
 
Soeur Tribe
Yep. It hit 30 degrees by 9 am one day. Its been a hot week. BLESSING! We have an AC. Bless those Elders for giving us one.

Our 4th of July Celebration. We made enchiladas. So yum. Sisters Hernandez, Murdoch, Muniva, Flores and Tribe.
The Masscouche Sisters were on exchanges so Sister Rios got to come join the party!

We are going to play soccer every week with the youth so they have a steady activity to invite their friends to. No one showed up last week so we just took some pictures. :)

An awesome member invited us for dinner Sunday. She's the greatest. I want to be as classy as she is when I grow up. We ate SO much fruit it was crazy. So yummy. Oh, bless her.



1 comment: