Mes chere Soeurs,
Comment ca va?!
Oh how my miss you
dear Sisters.
So I've been home for
approximately three and a half days and it is so weird and so normal all at the
same time.
Here is the run down
of all the awkwardness and tender mercies I have experience since being
home....
One, Elder Fernandez
(who we flew home with) met another Sister from the Yutika New York mission
when we got to Detroit who he dated before the mission. So funny to watch him
get his game on a bit.
From the flight I was
on from Detroit to Salt Lake I sat next to a devout 7th Day Adventist who asked
me a million questions. I was able to teach and testify about the Restoration,
the Book of Mormon, Word of Wisdom, Law of Chastity, the Bible and personal
revelation. It was awesome! In the end she gave me her card and told me to look
her up on Facebook. What else was cool was the man sitting next to us on the
other row took a picture of my "final lesson" as a missionary. When I
got to the Salt Lake airport he and his family stopped me and he thanked me for
my example of missionary work and asked for my email so he could send it to me.
So cool. What a tender mercy to be able to sit next to someone who was open and
wanted to learn more. I give her my info on a mormon.org card and
told her to check it out. :)
So funny things
happened when we got to the SLC airport. One, I found out my sister in law
bought a plane ticket and snuck back to the gate so she could take photos of us
as we got off the plane. I ended up seeing her right before going down the
escalators. My sister came and surprised me in the airport with her baby! That
was the greatest thing ever. My sister and her baby have been the thing that's
saved me since being home.
Being home is kind of
overwhelming. It feels so natural and normal but that's the weird part.
Everything around you feels normal but you don't feel the same. But its good!
So good to be home. I find its a little hard to be in big groups. All my aunts,
uncles and cousins from my mom's side came to my house Thursday night and my
cousin had a baby shower on Saturday. That was hard. I would feel fine and then
bam! I'd hit a wall and I would feel like crying and I'd just want to hold the baby
in the corner of the room. So that's usually what I did. Small groups is fine
though.
Its weird to get on
Facebook. I've been finding people from the mission (former missionaries, less
actives, members, converts and investigators). Its weird but cool! It helps me
realized how important it is to feel your social media with goodness. When I
got home I tried to clean out my fb so that I would be a good example to
others.
Also, I'm rich in
clothes. When I got home and opened my closet, I was shocked! I have a problem.
My closet was bursting! Unfortunately, most of it doesn't really fit anymore
but that's ok. I need to chuck most of it anyways. I had half of a giant black
garbage bag full of just dumb tshirts I got at different things. So many
tshirts. Its ridiculous. I'm still trying to sort through it all.
Things that have
really been helping me are my Personal Training Plan (that I created from the
Mission Training Plan) and my Personal Mission Plan (aka Family Mission Plan).
Its giving me purpose and focus in my life and keeping me focused on missionary
work. I fasted and prayed about the date when I will present someone to the
missionaries and I'm really excited to get to work! I see everyone and
everything in a different light. I see others for their potential to progress
in the gospel.
Its also been a huge
tender mercy to see how many people I can potentially speak to in French. No
one immediately around me but I do have mission friends and others from Quebec
and some randoms here in Utah who also served in French speaking missions. I
try to pray in French with my family but they don't really seem to like when I
do that. Haha oh well.
Well this is becoming
a very long email and I'm sorry for that. I just want to let you all know that
I love you. The Lord is taking care of us and He is providing a way for us to
progress in this life. He wants us to continue to progress in the gospel and he
doesn't hang us out to dry when we get home. I know he is with me and I know he
is with you. He loves you. I pray for you sweet Sisters every night. Take care
of yourselves.
Love, Sister Tribe
Last dinner appointment.
Sister Rios taught me to make pupusas. Bless her!
CARLOS!
Guillaume
Josue
What is that you ask? Just Sister Rios trying to kill me off and Spiderman (Sarah) saving me.
Last time in the apartment. Sisters Rios, Davis and Dick.
Oh how I love all these humans! Sister Munive, Elder Dawagne and Sister Flores
Most of our MTC double districts!
Saying goodbye to Sister Rios! I love that little Sister.
My posterity. I don't like the family mission lingo but it explains things well. I have a great granddaughter now in Fallowfield!
I finally got to go to Mont Royal! What a blessing!
Welp. We're out of there.
All the missionaries we ended flying into Utah with.
No comments:
Post a Comment