Sunday, November 30, 2014

I kissed a boy..... and I liked it!

Bon lundi mes Soeurs!

So, like the title says. This week's juice gossip is I went out with a boy and he kissed me. And I liked it. 

Not to lead any of you to think I'm quick to the kiss, I dated him before my mission a little bit. I can tell my stake president I'm "officially back". 

On the more spiritual side of things, I've had the wonderful opportunity to speak the last couple of weeks at a few different events. One was my homecoming. It was so fun. Lots of family, some old friends and even a few mission friends. Really fun. Then my mother and I were asked to speak at a Young Women's Evening of Excellence. We kind of gave them a call to repentance, there is some pretty big struggles in the ward but I hope we said what we needed to. We talked about personal agency and our power to choose between right and wrong. We gave a few examples, modesty being one of them. We made everyone stand up and do head, shoulders, knees and toes. Then we asked them how many felt uncomfortable and then pointed out that maybe it was because some of their skirts were too short and their butts were hanging out when they bent over, or their shirts were too short and their stomachs showed when they raised their arms. It was a good reminder. Maybe a little harsh but eh. Sometimes its good for them. 

This last Saturday I got to speak at the Saturday night session of Stake Conference. I spoke about how I had seen Hastening the Work of Salvation help people in my mission. I got to speak about Brother Diaz and about Carlos. It was great. Carlos will be thrilled that I talked about him. It was a really powerful meeting full of personal testimony and experiences. So amazing. 

I met someone who knows Sister Flores that night and someone who knows former Elder Garret. The world is so small. 

I really missed the mission at some points this week. We had a Regional Conference this weekend and Bishop Causse spoke. As soon as he opened his mouth and I heard his French accent, I wanted to cry. I miss French as hard as it was for me, I really miss it. I also watched quite a few Hastening the Work of Salvation Videos in preparation for conference and seeing and hearing President Patrick speak made me want to cry as well. We are so blessed to have such amazing leaders in our mission. But all is well! Its the first time I've felt "mission sick" since being home. Not too bad. 

Other exciting new, I got to attend the temple sealing of one of my close friends! I was able to help out with the reception and overall it was a great day. I am so happy for her! The temple is truly amazing. My extended family picks one day a month and goes and does sealings for our family file names. We went this past week and I was able to be the proxy for my great aunt and my parents were the proxies for my mom's grandparents. It was amazing. We all could feel their spirits in the room with us as we preformed this sacred and holy work for them. I am SO grateful for the priesthood and the sealing power upon the earth. Just think of it, we can be together FOREVER! That is a miracle. And its true. I can feel that sealing power through my friend's marriage through doing proxy work for the dead. We are so blessed to live in this time with the fullness of the gospel is restored to the earth. 

I love you all! I'm praying for you and for all the Sisters in our mission (and you Sister Edwards!). Be safe this week and be the amazing missionaries I know you to be! 

Bisous,

Sister Tribe

High school friends at the Ogden Temple for Laura's wedding!



​Me and Laura at her wedding reception! 

No comments:

Post a Comment