Monday, January 19, 2015

A Wandering Woo Hoo - January 4, 2015

Mes chere Soeurs,

I love you. 

Another week has gone by and I'm still dating Chase. And it's going good. We finally had the talk of establishing the "boyfriend/girlfriend" title. I asked him the other night if he called me his girlfriend. He said "I realized I do! To people who know you I just call you Kimmy but if they don't know you I call you my girlfriend." Well great. He then asked me what I call him and I said boo thang mostly. I think he might have thought that was weird but it's honest. 

I spent New Year's Eve with him. We went to a family party of his then we went to his house because some of his friends were going to come over. They all ended up bailing so we rang in the New Year just the two of us. That was just fine with me. ;) We also went to dinner with some of his friends who were in town for the holidays. Yep. Things are going good. 

Sister Rios and Sister Orozco came into town! They were passing through on their way to BYU-I and we all went to breakfast Sunday morning. Oh how I love those Sisters! It was so fun to get caught up on all the boy stories and life post-mission goodness. They are seriously so funny. It was so good to see them. I'm so glad they could stop on their way through. Love them. 

My brother came home from the hospital this week. Super crazy. It's strange because he's pretty good at faking it. He really seems fine sometimes but if you talk to him long enough, you start to see how far he still has to go. Its hard with him being home because we just have to watch him all the time. He wanders. And he really can't wander too far on his own. He gets confused easily and he doesn't really remember a lot at times. We try to keep him busy with field trips to the store or to my aunts' houses to see family. In the hospital he started calling us and the therapists funny names like "wandering woo hoo" and "slondering sloo hoo." We now call him a wondering woo hoo. He's always has to be doing something. 

We play a lot of cards. Mostly a game called 21. We use to play it all the time when we were kids (it's how my parents taught us to add). I got him some large (5 x 7 inch) face cards for Christmas. He still has no vision in his left eye and only about 25% vision in his right eye. The big cards make it easier for him to see to be able to play. Cognitively, he's doing great. He can add things and remember some things. His short term memory was really damaged in the accident. He doesn't remember much of what has happened this past year or couple of years except for the things we tell him over and over again. I went on a mission to Canada. Toph is on a mission in Arizona. Maegan lives in Ohio. Things like that. 

Funny/interesting side note: He always remembers that my sister had a baby and her name is Viaola. She's about 7 months old (which is definitely the time period he doesn't remember) and some how he didn't forget her. Cool. Families are eternal - even to people with traumatic brain injuries.

One funny story about him then I'll wrap it up. So last night, my mom and I were both downstairs in the basement watching a movie. Its about 10:30 pm and my brother went to bed at about 8:00 pm in an upstairs bedroom. All of the sudden I hear him come downstairs and go to his room and get something out of his drawer. I walk into the hallway and see he has some gloves on and a hat....

Him: Which car is in the driveway?
Me: Where are you going?
Him: Which car is in the driveway?
Me: You can't drive Chase.
Him: Watch me.
Me: You can't see.
Him: I'll find my way.
Me: Well if you tell me where you want to go, I'd be happy to take you.
Him: I need some pizza.

By that time, he had his coat about on and was getting ready to head out the door. My mom then ran up the stair after him and drove him to the local Little Ceaser's to get a cheese pizza. He woke up for a dead sleep with a desperate need for a cheese pizza and was determined to get it, no matter what. He is so funny. We just have to laugh when he does crazy stuff like that or we'd go insane. 

He'll start all his therapies soon up here at the local hospital. Its nice not having to drive the 50 minutes to see him all the time but we worry he'll just wander his way out of the house and we'll loose him. We're going to put some extra locks on the doors. 

That's about all I have to say for this week. 

I love you mes Soeurs! I am so grateful that I know you all. I think about you and the other Sisters often and pray for you always. I love the miss the members and crazy investigators. 

Sister Leano, say hi to everyone for me. Grandma Lessard and Sister Cleroin and everyone. Sister Gutierres! Oh, I love them all so much. Haha 

Bisous,

Sister Tribe

Luke 2:52 - My New Year's resolutions inspiration! Increase in wisdom, health (stature), improve my relationships with others and with God. Its gonna be a great year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment