I just love you guys!
I got another new calling and I am SO excited! I'm teaching Gospel Doctrine! We're studying the New Testament this year and I couldn't be more excited. I'm one of four teachers so I'll only be teaching once a month but I can hardly wait! You better believe there will be some Bible Video watching going on in that class. I really love the New Testament. I really feel my relationship with Jesus Christ becoming more personal as I study about his life. I'm so grateful for an opportunity to share and discuss about his earthly ministry in the ancient world.
Things with the boo thang are going great. He is the greatest. My dad told me yesterday that Chase is my mom's favorite. AKA he is her favorite guy I've ever dated. He is so thoughtful and so sweet and so good to me. I really REALLY like him.
Yesterday was my birthday. Yep. I'm 24 now. That feels a little old. Maybe I should move out of my parents' house and get a real job. Haha! Chase gave me the coolest gift ever. It is this sweet poutine making kit where, get this, you make your own cheese curds! What could be cooler?! He's seriously the greatest! I'm so excited. So prepare for some seriously epic poutine pictures headed your way soon.
This past week I went with Chase to his company's end of year dinner down at the Grand America in Salt Lake. It was so much fun. We got a little dressed up and went with one of his good friends and his wife.
Isn't he good looking? It was a fun night. He's so great. I really just adore him.
The next day I went to breakfast with my family. We take my brother Chase on small field trips sometimes. He can't handle noisy places or too many people. His mind gets too overwhelmed and starts to shut down. So we keep field trips short and try to take him to places where not too many people we know will see him. He feels bad when he doesn't remember people. But, we went to breakfast. My oldest brother Josh was in town working so he came with us too. It was fun to do something together that we really love. Breakfast at one of our favorite places, Moore's, is a bit of a family tradition.
That's my brothers and me. My parents were there too. We're just taking it one day at a time right now. I took him to his physical therapy appointment this morning. He does really well physically but it just mentally exhausts him. He went right to sleep when we got home. He has a surgery scheduled for this Thursday on his eye. His eye surgeon is hopefully he might be able to recover a little bit of his vision in his left eye. We'll see. He said it was a 20% it'll get better, 60% chance it'll stay the same and 20% chance it'll be worse. Well he's already blind in that eye so how much worse can it get? Haha he wanted to try and so we'll see!
(Also, go Habs go!)
Other than that, there is not much to report! I'm just still trying to do my best. I've set the goal to go to the temple every week this year and so far, so good! I'm so blessed to live 7 minutes away from a temple and I don't want to take it for granted.
I love you mes Soeurs! I pray for you always. You are truly miracle workers in the Lord's hands and I am so grateful for you. Be good and do good.
Listen to President. I love that man and Sister Patrick more and more the longer I'm home. Pay attention to their example of love and service. They seriously taught me so much about how I want to live my life through their gentle example.
Also, JuJu and Domithilde are going to BRAZIL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for them!
Bisous! LOVE YOU!!!!!
Soeur Tribe
No comments:
Post a Comment