Oh how I love Mondays when I don't work so I can chat it up with you sweet Sisters.
Lucky me, today AND next Monday the schools of off. Woop woop!
I found out the Sunday before last during church that as part of my new calling, I am in charge of organizing a service Home Evening activity for the YSA the first Monday of every month. So I had about 36 hours to pull something together. Service. Cheap. Fun. Something people will actually come to. I was lost. I ended up doing what I like to call Post-its of Goodness. I went a bought a bunch of Post-its and I had everyone write something motivational or inspirational on them and them hide them throughout the institute building (that's where our ward meets). I shared Ephesians 4:29 which reads....
"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers."
And talked a little about how our words are powerful. Everything in this life has opposition and words of no different. We can use our words to edify and sustain others or we can belittle and tear others down. In this verse, we're given a command from an apostle of the Lord to use our words to build others up and help them feel the healing and edifying grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.
It turned out to be an alright activity. Not too many people came but we had fun. Yesterday during sacrament meeting, the bishop stood up at the pulpit to conduct and he smiled and said that there was a Post-it sitting on the pulpit that said "A smile is the most attractive thing you can wear."
Boo thang has been super sick this week. He went to one doctor who told him he might have meningitis and gave him some wimpy antibiotics and said if it gets worse, go to the hospital. What kind of advice is that from a doctor? Yeah, I wasn't too happy. He stayed home and died for about three days then decided to go see a different doctor. Turns out, he just had a nasty sinus infection and needed a much stronger antibiotic. It never hurts to get a second opinion.
Any who, I didn't really get to see him much this week because of it. I did bring him some dinner one night. He LOVES pizza and there is this place that I'd heard some pretty good. So I called up and ordered a pizza to go and they asked me what size I wanted. Hum. Good question. What size..... For some reason a 20 inch pizza sounded about right. When I went to pick it up, I was shocked. I should have taken a picture. The pizza was HUGE! Haha Oh well. I still took it over to him with his favorite drink and a treat. He was probably eating pizza for days. Poor thing. Haha
He was feeling better Saturday night so he came and picked me up and we went out. As we are driving down the street, he asked me where I wanted to go to eat. I said wherever. He said he thought it would be fun if we went to the store and made dinner at his place. Sounded like fun to me so we went! When we got to the store, he asked me what we should make. Well heck, I don't know! Haha I quickly pulled out my phone, hopped on Pinterest and found a pasta recipe I had tried before.
Side note, this guy doesn't cook. He lives off of cereal.
So I'm going through the ingredients and we're grabbing stuff. I'm asking him if he has basics like brown sugar, he doesn't. Ok, that's fair. He probably never bakes. We grab some brown sugar. Then I ask him if he has butter. He said no. No butter? What the? Haha what does this kid eat? Oh yeah, cereal. He's so funny. So we check out, head to his house and he doesn't even own measuring cups. I'm like dying. He's so funny. He really lives a bachelor life. He lives off of cereal and doesn't own measuring cups. Oh man. He's so cute. The pasta turned out alright. Nothing fancy but edible. Definitely not a fair showing of my wife skills. I'll have to redeem myself and make him dinner one day.
My brother Chase is doing ok. He is home now and doing outpatient therapy at the local hospital. We're praying all of his financial stuff gets figured out soon. He's 29 and didn't really have a solid job so he didn't have insurance. We're praying that medicaid and social security get approved or who knows what he'll do. Its hard to describe how he is doing. He can talk and carry on a conversation. His memory of the last five years is a bit hit and miss. He remembers somethings and other things not at all. He does pretty good when its just us and we stay home most of the day. Sometimes we take him out or family members will come over and you can see how his brain starts working extra hard and then shuts down. He just starts saying funny things and gets loud and talks faster and faster and by the time we get home or by the time that they leave, he is just fried. His eyes glaze over and he has to sleep or just have some quiet down time. After that, he is pretty much out for the rest of the day. Its sad sometimes but we knew it would be like this for a while. For now, we're not really letting anyone come over to see him.
Well mes Soeurs. Life is moving on. So crazy. I bought what I hope will be a hot new dress for a work dinner I'm going to with Chase, the boo thang, on Friday. I ordered it online so hopefully it'll be good. If not I'll probably panic and run to the mall and spend way more money to make sure I'm looking like some good looking eye candy for him. But I think it'll be a good dress.
Sorry no pictures this week. I'll change that next week.
Yesterday there was a CES devotional and Randall L. Ridd from The Young Men General Presidency spoke about living a purposeful life. He asked us to question why we do what we do and seek to do things from the right reasons. That is when we will really see the blessings of the gospel in our lives. It was lovely. You should check it out if you get a chance. Its not in a hard copy yet but probably will be by next week.
Bon chance this week mes Soeurs! I love you and as always, I'm praying for you. Take care of yourselves and watch out for your companions. Don't forget, its good to be busy but its better to be in the right place at the right time.
LOVE YOU!
Bisous,
Seour Tribe
No comments:
Post a Comment