Bonjour ma famille et mes amis!
And so concludes my French skills. Haha just kidding, mostly. I'm so EXCITED!!! Just good feelings all around. Its amazing. We had some incredible meetings yesterday that just got me so excited to go out and find people THIS WEEK. I can hardly believe it. Right after we're done emailing we're taking Soeur Edwards to the travel office and then Soeur Herrera has a doctors appointment then we're off to pack. So weird! But mostly super exciting! There will only be four of us in class tonight. Soeur Herrera and I and the Elders going to Benin and Togo (they leave early Wednesday). I'm so excited slash weirded out slash pumped slash peaceful slash awkward slash really REALLY excited! Who knew we wouldn't be serving our whole missions in the MTC trying to learn French?
It was so weird that the sisters who were rooming with us left BEFORE we did. They just barely got here! So crazy. I've seen so many people here now. Its awesome! Can't remember if I emailed about it last week so here is the list in case I didn't send it: Sister Jensen!, Sister Ally Hubbard-Nubbard-Cubbard, Elder Nestoryak, Sister Chloe Hadarly (Senate Secretary) and....maybe some other people. Can't remember.
Its been so crazy! I don't think we've had a normal day yet this week. We're always running between appointments and teaching and class and packing and laundry and who knows what else trying to get everything done we need to before we leave. We also got to host this week which is where we stand on the curb and greet the new Elders and Sisters and help them get their stuff to their rooms and then get them to their classrooms. It was really fun slash really hot! There were about 940 new missionaries who came in last week. So crazy. The work is really moving.
Ok, our classes on Saturday were wonderful. Soeur Dix told us all about her mission and showed us pictures and we were finally able to put a face to the names she has been telling us about for the last six weeks. It was awesome! Then she just told us some last minute advice. Mostly focusing on what a successful missionary is. Preach My Gospel pg. 10. Support kind of no duh but needed to know. We have no control over anyone else's agency. No matter how awesome we are as missionaries, they get to choose to expect our message, or expect the Lord, into their lives. Our success is not defined by numbers but by our commitment to serving the Lord with all our heart, might, mind and strength. Such a good reminder. Our last class with Frere Portwood was along the same lines. He showed us pictures from his mission and told us about it. (Random fact, Frere Portwood served in Paris and was serving the same time as Elizabeth Smart). Then he challenged us to do this activity in Preach My Gospel on pg. 152 that asks you to think about what you want to be at the end of your mission. Super awesome. I'd recommend everyone do it at the beginning of your mission and then periodically throughout as well.
I don't want everyone to leave! I think I'd like to take my whole district to Canada! Enough of this Africa business, Canada needs them more. Or not. Fine, I guess they can go to Africa. They eat horse meat there. Super weird. Grateful I'm going to Canada where I won't have to worry about that...hopefully. The Lord knows me well. Really well. Better than I know myself. I love Him.
Our last day and the temple was lovely! I have the hardest time staying awake because we have a really early temple time and when they turn off those lights......I do my best but its a struggle. Haha We did an Endowment session and sat in the celestial room for a bit. It was lovely. So much peace and warmth and love and comfort and all good things while I was there and its with me still. I'm just so excited to go! My French is a mess and I'm sure my teaching is not that great either but I'm ready, you know? I feel ready enough. I may be crying come Wednesday when I'm put to work but right now, I know God has prepared me and I'm excited to go!
Every devotional/meeting yesterday was just made for me, I swear. I LOVED IT! It just got me so pumped to go. I love the Lord. I love His gospel. What a beautiful plan God has created for us. He is in control. I love Him and I trust Him. I want to dedicate my whole life to Him. Loose myself to find myself, you know? Its a beautiful gift.
I love you all! I'll be chatting with you in the morning!! Approximately 6:00 am would be my best guess. Hopefully I'm smart enough to use a phone card. LOVE YOU!!!!!
Love, Soeur Tribe
(OK so now for picture overload, but I want to make this into a book at the end of her mission so I'm putting them on here. It's so much easier than scrapbooking Plus I would never do that. )
Ran into Sister Jensen!!!!! We leave the same day. Super weird.
A multitude of Mexican "candy". That stuff is not sweet in the least.
Frere Portwood made us do wall sits as we recited scriptures in French.
Last class with Soeur Dix
My comps and I with Soeur Dix
Last classish with Frere Portwood. Last class with all of us there. We have class with him tonight but three off us will be gone.
Our "last" class with Frere Portwood - us attempting to get a jumping picture.
My district with Pres. Zimbleman - our Branch President
Sister Frances and I - the sister training leaders for our zone
Our Zone
Everyone leaving from our Zone plus two elders who are in the advanced program because they already know French.
Montreal group!
Our room! Our English speaking roommates left at 3:30 this morning. This was last night.
So I wrote dad last week and told him about this AWESOME stick game and how badly I wanted to beat it. Well, the next day I BEAT IT!!!! I got to sign the stick :)
We got to host this newbies this week. This was the only picture I got of that experience.
And this is the only picture we took during in field orientation.
The sister in our French zone
You are so amazing ! BEst wishes as you move along - - - wow - - all so fast ! Congratulations on all your NEW skills -
ReplyDeleteLove you