Hey famille and amis!
I hope I spelled that right. So let's talk about how I see everyone here! Ally Hubbard-nubberd-cubberd is here! We live on the same floor and run into each other in the bathroom. So exciting to see her! Then I went to dinner on Saturday and saw little Nestoryak! THEN I went to dinner yesterday (Sunday) and heard someone shout out my name and it was Sister Jensen! You see everyone here! Every time I would run back to my companions and say oh that's so and so's little sister, brother and Soeur Edwards said "You see everyone's little siblings." It made me laugh. I love seeing people I know. It just makes you feel good!
So, my Dad is the coolest. Seriously, Panda cookies?! I about died. And I've been super selfish with them. I shared the first box but that's about where my generosity ended. Hahah Thank you SO Much! Soeur Edwards and I had been talking about them like the week before and we were both so excited! And thank you for the children's song book! I'm going to take it to the copy center and see if they can shrink it down for me so I can carry it around. We'll see. I love children's hymns! They teach the most beautiful, simple truths. I love it. Thanks mom for the snickity snacks. I love snickity snacks. Even more than I love normal snacks. You asked what homemade treats I wanted before I head to the great white North and naturally that's all I could think about yesterday, Fast Sunday. There was a great multitude of inspiration that came to me that day about what food sounded good including enchiladas, rice and beans (Soeur Herrera), frozen cookie dough, chippity chip chips, sugar cookies, sweet rolls, toppers rolls, fruit tarts, chicken casserole, anything and everything (Soeur Edwards), all things delicious, Knock you nakeds (Elder Haggard), um so yeah. There some ideas to work with haha! Seriously, I'm not sure. I get super jazzed about anything these days. The food here got gross about week two and half so real food would be awesome or any dessert or any anything. Fruit snacks are always appericated as well. The good kind. Like princess kind. :) Whatever you would like to make slash have time to make. I know you guys won't be getting in town until Tuesday night so no stress!
Thank you for the oatmeal and craisains! That was brilliant idea!
That BBQ sounds like so much fun! What a great idea, cheers to Dad! And Toph is in D.C. already? How fun! Hopefully he is not melting to death and is taking lots of pictures. I loved that trip. It was so hot all the time but it was so beautiful. And sounds like the move went well! Thank heavens you and Dad were able to go out there. I bet they really appreciated it. Thanks for helping them. How are Josh and Cami and the boys? Have they been off on any fun trips lately? I need to write them today. Or soon.
So BRIAN AND CARLY ARE ENGAGED!!!!! So glad no one spoiled it and they were able to tell me about it! Pictures PLEASE! I'm so so SO excited for you guys! I seriously saw that it was you two that had written me (we're not allowed to read our letters till 9:30 pm) and I started crying! Haha then I read the letter and I couldn't stop crying! That sounded so lovely! Cheers to Brian. Good work. And I cannot WAIT to have Carly in the family official! I love you both so much and I am just so happy for you. I can not wait for you to be sealed together FOREVER. I'm crying right now just thinking about it. Haha AH! So so excited. What a great thing!
We got our travel plans this week (weird) and we leave a week from tomorrow. Also weird. I get nervous thinking about trying to speak to people in French but really I have this great peace about it. I know I'm going to butcher French but the Lord is with me and the spirit will communicate to them what they need to hear if they'll take the time to listen. I'm actually a bit excited! Pray for my trainer, she'll need some patience with me haha. Jarrahlee is training someone I know from the MTC! I didn't know her really well but she sent a picture and I recognized her. Awesome. So there is this ugly French sister dress that someone had gotten at the DI before coming here and it is this game the sisters play to see if the elders will figure out that the sisters have been wearing the same dress. The dress gets passed around from sister to sister and they each take turns wearing it. Its like pepto bismol pink with flowers and these giant pick flower buttons on it. Ugly. Well, the French sisters before us told us about it and said we'll get it to you and you HAVE to pass it on, this tradition can not die! Well, one of them took it! Haha we haven't been able to find it anywhere! We've gone to all the French rooms and its not in any closet or drawer or anything. The only answer is that one of them took it with them to the field, intentionally or unintentionally. So we were a bit bummed about that but not really. The dress is ratchet (ghetto slang I learned from Soeur Herrera and Elder Sanchez).
Oh! So I get to call home from the airport. That's where I was really going at the beginning of that paragraph. We leave here at 4 am Tuesday and our plane leaves at 7:30 am so I'm estimating at about 6:00 am we'll be calling, maybe? I'm not really sure. I'll buy a calling card and find out so more info about that by next week. So that's weird also. Leaving. Buying calling cards. Having infield training on Thursday. Freaks me out a bit but in a good way, maybe? Haha.
So they do movie night on Sundays here and by movie night I mean you watch church movies of old MTC devotionals which are so good! Last night we watched the Character of Christ. Um, wow! Way to go Elder David A. Bednar pulling out the big guns! He gave the devotional Christmas day a few years back and talked about the difference between having a testimony and being converted. He said the difference is a testimony is a knowledge we are given by the Holy Ghost and conversion is consistently living by the principles you know to be true. Boom. He said a testimony is not enough. We will never survive in this church with just a testimony. We, and our investigators, must truly become converted by turning away from the natural man and towards the Savior. He shared some stories in the Bible about where Christ, in his is time of agony and anguish, turned outward. Like when he was hanging on the cross and he turns to the apostles and tells them to take care of his mother or when He asks God to forgive them for they know not what they do. Amazing. He also said we can't do this. We are too weak but through the Atonement we can be made strong. When I realize I'm weak, I am strong. We NEED Him. I love Him and Elder Bednar.
Well time is up, I love you all! Thank you for the positive thoughts and prayers! I pray for you all. The Lord loves us. What a wonderful gift.
Love, Soeur Tribe
Water chugging contest
No comments:
Post a Comment