My family!!!!
So much to say, so little time.
Title line is something this funny little girl told us at dinner the other day. We cracked up for a good little while after that.
Before I forget my address is:
370 Forest Street
Apt #412
Ottawa, ON K2B 8B3
CANADA
So funny Canadian things. Their milk comes in bags. Yeah, plastic bags. And you have to buy special milk pitchers and you put the bag in the pitcher and you clip the corner of the bag and that's how it goes. So funny. They have plastic, see-through money. I'll have to take a picture. It made me laugh way hard. Mac and cheese is called kraft dinner. Everyone thinks we're the Amish, any time we say we're Mormons that say "Oh, I LOVE the Mormons. There's quite a few of you out in PA, eh?" So funny. We're going to start making Amish friendship bread so we can live up to our name.
Sorry I didn't email yesterday. Our p-day got switched because yesterday was Quebec day and so President Cannon made us switch to today so we weren't out with the partiers. Even though we live in Ottawa so it wasn't a problem. That may happen again next week because July 1st is Canada day! So just to warn you. The ward is having a Canadian Breakfast and people are bring non-members so we're really excited!
Other exciting news - we're getting bikes! The Elders in our ward have "girl" bikes so they are giving them to us! We now need to find/buy helmets and heavy duty locks. So exciting! Sister Landeen is not excited though. Haha Oh well, it might just be a nice rotation to our workout routine in the morning. Also, we live by a big river so there are tons of seagulls so sometimes I think I live by the beach because its hot, humid and the seagulls are squawking outside the window. :)
Most importantly,
HAPPY FATHERS DAY last week. I can't believe I forgot to say something! I had been thinking about you all day that day and I had written down to say something but we had kind of a crazy first p-day and I forgot. I'm so sorry Dad. I love you so much and I am SO grateful you are my big papa. I love you like crazy. A girl couldn't be luckier.
Thanks so much the emails fam! Its good to hear from you. I have the best parents in the world. Glad to hear things are going well and busy. Poor Mama! I'm so sorry to hear about the lousy mouth problems! Tell Scott and Dr. Moser to get going and fix it up! Don't let them beat you up too bad. And Poor Papa! Work that voodoo magic and get plenty of sleep. I'm sorry you both have had a rough go of it this last week.
Speaking of voodoo....Sister Landeen and I are going to teach and man whose religious background is voodoo but we're also going to teach his family and his wife is baptist so we're not too worried about it. Double bonus, he speaks French! So excited!
Yay Toph! Way to teach and preach! Yay football! Good luck - keep me posted.
Mom - I think I accidentally sent home some stuff I didn't mean too. Just pictures of my friends and such. Will you please look in the box slash in the black journal I sent home and see? If so, can you send them to me? I can't find them. Also, a copy of my mission call would be nice. I thought I made two copies (one for immigration and one for me) but I can't find it. Thank you muchly!
Funny side note, we're emailing from a Mac store. Haha
Well I love you all so much! Can't hardly believe I'm in Canada. It feels good here. I love it. Thank you for your prayers and love and support. I feel them. You all are amazing!
Mosiah 2:22 ..... I think that's what I wanted to share. LOVE YOU!!
Sister Tribe
Lightning struck a tree during the crazy store. We found it later.
Crazy! Flash rain/lightening storm that just sort of happen here every few days.
Cruising through some old Ensigns and found this baby! About
cried. Then found pictures of Bishop Stromberg and fam as well as
other wardies. Tender mercy.
Polish pancakes from Sister Landeen
love you ! such fun and great experiences - - - we all miss you here tho - but know you are one of the most amazing missionaries out there
ReplyDeleteKeep up the great work - and never forget who loves you