Well well well, look who let go of the hippy stage. Haha, he looks great.
Thank you SO much for the pictures! Its so good to see everyone's faces. Thank you.
So letters last week, didn't happen. Letters this week for sure. Hopefully. I need to be quick because there is not much time.
Some cool things - We can get backpacks! Apparently Sister Cannon developed back problems after her mission because of our purses and so she and President and all for us sister's are having backpacks. So we're going to go check some out today and possibly buy some. YAY! Seriously will be so nice because as beautiful and as in love as I am with my two tone box purse, it kills on the days when we're walking around all day, trucking along books of Mormon. Yay for backpacks! Also, we're getting bikes! The elders acquired four bikes, and they say as soon as they are fixed they will give them to us. They are currently only working on their bikes but yesterday I talked to the member they live with and he is eager to help them fix ALL the bikes. :)
So I went on my first split! Yay! I went to the Dows Lake (YSA ward) with Sister Robles and they just contact at Ottawa University all day and then they teach in the cafeteria on campus. It was so fun. They ALWAYS have a member present because they just texted the members who live on campus and they don't have to worry about making sure there is a appropriate number of men to women because they teach in a public place. Its awesome! Got to know the elders who serve there as well a bit and they are super nice. We're kind of friends now! So Sister Robles and I decided to be brave and venture off campus and go walk two blocks south to downtown. We walked by parliament and saw the beautiful canal and such then we saw this lady who I accidentally gave a flat tire to while we were walking and then we saw her again and I was like ok, we have to teach her. She's going to get baptized. So I walked up to her and chatted for a second and said who we are and she said she wasn't sure what church is true but she was doing a lot of reading and I told her I had an AMAZING book for her to read. I pulled out a Book and Mormon and testified to her that I know it was true and was the word or God and that she could know that our church was the one true church if she would read it and pray to know. She said she would and we gave her our card to call us with questions or if she wanted to know more. SO AMAZING! That was the first time that I placed a Book or Mormon with someone on the street. She didn't want to give us her info but she'll read and call and get baptized and make those first steps to eternal progression. I'm so excited.
So a couple of food related updates Today I am finally going to get my first poutine. I am thrilled beyond words Also, we're getting it from a Chip Wagon (food truck) and a few weeks ago we ran into this funny lady who got SO excited to tell us about food trucks. In her thick Canadian accent she said "Oh, Food trucks! We have those now!" Its not funny because you can't hear the accent but it was funny. And she was SO excited. So we're going and getting poutine (fries covered in gravy covered in cheese curds and meat). SO excited. And we're hopefully getting Beavertails Which are scones covered in cinnamon sugar. Sister Landeen really wants one. That is our hope. The same funny food truck lady's friend, after we introduced ourselves, said "OH the Mormons! I LOVE the Mormons! There is a bunch of you down in Pennsylvania eh?" We gave her a confused look and said not particularly but yeah, we have some members there. And she responded, "I thought you guys drove buggies." Yeah, she thought we were Amish. Haha so we've started making Amish bread to give to people because we think we're funny.
So our investigators are awesome. Let me tell you a little about Semi. She is from Cameroon Western Africa. She's a PhD student with two little daughters (4 yr and 18 mons). Her husband lives in Germany right now and is a student there. We taught her the restoration Saturday and she came to church Sunday. Our ward is amazing. A member family picked her and her daughters up, the primary teachers just took her kids by the hand and took them to class, people came up and introduced themselves, exchanged phone numbers, set up playdates ..It was AMAZING! I was truly amazed.I love our ward and Semi. She's getting baptized.
Out of time! LOVE YOU ALL! Read the Book of Mormon, its great!
Love, Sister Tribe
I went on my first exchange! This is Sister Robles, she serves in the singles ward. They pretty much just stick to Ottawa University's campus. We went over to the parliament building and there is a beautiful canal there.
The Sheriffs and us on the 4th. American holiday, british couple, at the Swiss something resturant, in Canada. Awesome. LOVE THEM!!!!
Our investigator loaned us umbrella because it was raining and we forgot ours. Showed up at her house looking like dogs haha
The view as we were driving out of the church parking lot last night after a fireside. SO BEAUTIFUL. The church is out in farm land, right across the street from a milk farm.
Revelation! I took pictures of my apartment this morning. We have the MOST amazing ward, the Sheriffs took us out for the 4th of July and they bought and installed curtains for us and they fixed our broken fan. I LOVE THEM.
This is what you see when you walk in the door. (Sorry its a little messy, today is cleaning day).
Other view of study room/ tiny kitchen
Our bedroom with sister landeen modeling...something. Love her!
No comments:
Post a Comment