Friday, September 20, 2013

Hey Mama and Big Papa‏

Hello Family & Friends!

Well, this week I don't have much to say except.............................................................................................








................................................................................




BEN GOT BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awe, we are so THRILLED for him! He was confirmed on Sunday and the whole thing was just lovely.

He was so ready and so happy and it was so much fun to get to see it all happen! It was such a miracle. 21 days after he walked into the church, and 17 days after his "first lesson" he entered the waters of baptism. It was such a beautiful day. He had the Gospel Principle teacher do the baptism talk, then Elder Foster performed the ordinance, Stake President McAteer did the conformation talk and performed the conformation on Sunday. It was so great! And so many people came! So many ward members came to support him and brought food for after. There was so much yummy food! The baptism was at 11am so ward members brought trays of sandwiches, crackers and cheese, cookies, juice, all kinds of things. It was really so touching to see the ward family reach out and welcome him in with open arms and full stomachs. :)

Another miracle. Cynthia came to the baptism. We were SO happy. We had been debating on whether of not she was progressing and if we should just leave her alone for a while till she started making changes but she came! I was so worried about it and had been praying so hard but she came! It was a miracle. She got to meet and talk with so many of the members and see all the little children running around, it was great. Anytime there is a baptism, ward members bring their children and teach them about baptism. So smart and so wonderful. They add so much to the spirit of the meeting and they get to feel the spirit so strong. I love the children of our ward and their families.

Interesting fact, I like egg salad sandwiches now and devilled eggs and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Sister Terron is awesome. She's so bold and ready to go. She's freezing though. She kept telling people she was wearing her jacket but she was still cold. I kept thinking, "She doesn't have a jacket. What is she talking about?" Turns out, she calls a cardigan a jacket. She also calls a jacket a coat. Needless to say, the members and I have been teaching her proper vernacular. She definitely needs some warmer clothes. We're off to go shopping this afternoon to get her properly fitted for the weather.

I don't know what else to say really.....
Sister Thomson said she'd be headed to Ogdensburg (The U.S.) beginning of next weekish so I'm going to get a package together today for her to send. I'm going to get you some Canadian goodies at the store today so be prepared. Haha I'm trying to think of good Canadian things to send but Canadians pretty much eat things that Americans eat but healthier and more eco friendly. Haha Their oreos are different. I wouldn't mind some oreos if you haven't already sent the package.

Too many babies to keep track of. Cashes are pregnant? And YAY YAY YAY baby Railey! She is BEAUTIFUL!!! So happy! So excited to see baby Hank. Kirschman's can't move..... And YAY Brian and Carly! That's the best place to live! Oh, everyone is getting married and having babies. How awesome. I love families!

Well, I'm almost out of time. I've been reading the Old Testament lately and its weird. Haha I just keep thinking I'm so grateful I don't have to live then. That I live now, after the Law of Moses has been fulfilled through Jesus Christ and in a time when we have the fullness of the gospel. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I love my Heavenly Father. I love having the opportunity to talk to people about them everyday. I love the GOSPEL!!! It makes so much sense. I don't get how people can hear about the Plan of Salvation and not recognize it as truth. It just makes sense.

I love you all! Take care.

Love, Sister Tribe

BAPTISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY BEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elder Lanning, Elder Foster, Ben, Sister Terron and I
The Elders, Ben, Sister Terron and I. (Elder Foster was on exchanges with Elder Loutu)


No comments:

Post a Comment