Hello my family and loved ones!
So many things to say!
First, I'm staying! And Sister Landeen is leaving me for YSA Montreal with Sister Smith (who we love). So sad to see her go but that's ok. I'll be picking up my new companion tomorrow in Montreal and I won't know who she is till tomorrow because she's new.
Second, Mom, you talked to Sister Thomson!!!!! Oh, it was so funny. We had dinner with them last night and after dinner we looked at the pictures from their daughter's wedding in Utah. Then she had us sit on the couch and Sister Thomson pulled out three presents. Sister Landeen opened her's first. One was from the Thomson's and it had homemade grape jelly and pistachios. The other was a gift from her mom with a skirt and a CD and pen. Then they had me open mine. It was from the Thomson's with some Godiva chocolate (I mentioned once I liked it and she remembered! So sweet) and some homemade jelly as well. Then she said she had one more thing for me. She said a hug from my mom, so I gave her a hug thinking "Oh she's had missionaries, she probably hoped people hugged her kids." Then she said as she was pulling away, "Talked to your mom." I was in shock. I didn't know what she meant. I just started laughing and asked, "What does that mean?" (She has a welcome book where on our second night in Fallowfield we had written our names and addresses and she had googled us or something and called.) I started bawling! Haha I just couldn't believe it! It was so unexpected and I still don't understand it all but I just thought that was the nicest thing ever. I couldn't stop saying, "You talked to my mom!" Oh mercy. I love the Thomsons and I love my mom.
Third, Ben is a miracle. I mentioned last week that a guy had walked into church and asked to meet with missionaries. Well we went to see him Wednesday and we've been seeing him every day since. He is getting baptized September 14th. Yep, that's right. In less then two week he will be baptized. We're so excited! He has this darling girlfriend in Venezuela who has been preparing him and he's so ready. He's amazing! Oh, we love him and are so excited to be apart of his conversion. He's awesome. He invited us to his sealing ha ha. It's a miracle.
Yay Kirschman baby! Oh, please do send pictures. Thank you so much for the pictures you did send. I love pictures. And Danette! Oh, I'm so happy for the picture of the girls! I have some things for them I want to send. Someday soon I'll get to it. I also have things for my family, of course. I need to send a little package home one of these days. Maybe next week I can.
With Sister Landeen leaving, I'm nervous I won't know how to get around. Ha ha She has a Garmin and we use it constantly. I have to buy a car map today and just hope that my new comp can read a map or is a quick learner haha. Oh man, we've been spoiled.
Sorry to hear about Toph's leg! That's the worst. Hopefully he's careful and let's it heal before he goes out again. What a bummer. But yay for football! Being up here it makes me realize I really like football. People don't play it here really. I'm excited for hockey season coming up. So, that'll be interesting to learn.
We have the best ward ever. They take such good care of us. I love them like crazy. I was really grateful I didn't have to leave yet and that I'll probably be here for another 12 weeks. Oh, its been heartbreaking going around and seeing Sister Landeen have to say goodbye. We just love the people so much! All of them. Members, investigators, potentials, everyone. We are so blessed.
We had a meeting with everyone who was in their first 12 weeks and their trainers last week so we got to go to Montreal. It was fun to see all my friends from the MTC and see how they were doing and meet their trainers. It was also SO fun to talk to people who have served in Fallowfield and update them on everyone and see their perspectives. Also put a face to the handwriting from the records.
Side note, American gift cards DO NOT work in Canada. Sister Landeen got some for her birthday and it is like a 2 hour process to get them converted to Canadian money.
Well, I know God lives. He works in miraculous ways. He is in our lives whether people want Him there or not. He is preparing EVERYONE to hear the message of the Restored Gospel. Sometimes its our job to teach and invite to meet with missionaries and sometimes its our job to plant a seed. We can all be a positive contact with the church for someone. We can help in the preparation process. Everyone needs to hear the message and that's our duty, to share.
I love you all so much!
Love,
Sister Tribe
Last district meeting before transfers
Greenie meeting with some of my MTC buds!
Sisters conference
Stake fun run
Our ward missionaries with our Mission Leader Pres. Wiltse!
Fallowfield forever!
Keith Family and James
Sister Lewis - we love her. Mitten maker
Melissa - we love her!
Thomson family!!!!!!!!! You little sneakys... :)
Our miracle BEN!
Our miracle BEN!
You are so amazing ! I get excited from your enthusiasm - - even through an email post ! Love you - you are doing awesome work Sister Tribe !
ReplyDelete