Welp, I don't have a whole lot to say. Haha
Things have been really busy. We've had a lot of meetings and things so we haven't been able to teach very much. But next week is a new week and BEN GETS BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY!!!!!! We're so excited for him! He's awesome and so ready and just amazing. I talk to him and I want to be more faithful. He just does everything God asks him to do. No questions asked. Well, he asks lots of questions but he's super faithful. He asks questions to be able to better understand how best to live the commandments. He's amazing. Its been funny trying to figure out all that we need to get done because I've never done a baptism before and neither has Sister Terron so we keep calling the Elders. Haha! They're so nice. We love our Elders.
Well, my new companion is Sister Terron from Miami, Florida area. She was born in Mexico City but moved to Florida when she was one year old. She speaks English and Spanish fluently and we're working on French together. Things I can tell you about Sister Terron........she loves meat. She does not love veggies. She loves Wonder Bread (I told her so does my Grandma), chicken, beans and rice. She's a pickier eater than me, which is saying something. Haha nah, we'll beat that out of her with all the DAs we go to. :) But seriously, I love her. She's funny and hard working and ready to just jump right into it! She's amazing. She's willing to do whatever we need to do. Role plays, running to and from the building when we're running late, invite people to baptism on their doorstep, whatever. She's fun and we've been having a good time. Not to mention, she's beautiful. She's 21, has been going to school for public administration and is super outgoing.
We are managing getting around...we go off a lot of prayer and we bought a car map the other day. I do get to drive now because I'm the senior companion. I can get us most general places or if I have a street name, we'd be able to find it most likely, but if someone asks us to meet them at Costco in Kanata, I'm lost. Haha a Garmin would be nice but not a necessity. Maybe instead of Christmas and Birthday that would be a good idea. They have Boxing Day here and the Elders were telling me that its bigger than Black Friday. Last year they got the day off, so to speak, and were able to go shopping but who knows what President Patrick will do. I don't know. Like I said, its would be nice but we can survive without.
Oh babies. I love seeing all the babies. Its so weird everyone is having babies. I love it! It's so much fun to see how everything is changing.
Oh, so I wanted to mention something crazy and fun. We had a missionary fireside last night, like we do every month. So Ben came and then one of the Brothers in the ward came and there were like three cars that followed in behind him. I was shocked. (We never get more then like one person to the firesides). Then, out of these cars come all the members of our ward who speak Chinese and three non-members. One spoke English and the other two didn't speak any English. So awesome! The topic for the fireside was families can be together forever. A Chinese sister, also a recent ish convert, bore her testimony about our Heavenly Father and how much he loves us and how we are part of this eternal family. Then she bore her testimony in Chinese which was just so neat to hear. Then Brother Wiltse, our ward mission leader, got up and spoke a little about The Family: a Proclamation to the World. Kind of crazy because every other sentence he had to stop and Sunny, another Chinese convert in our ward, would translate for the non-members. It was such a neat experience! Way to go ward missionary efforts! The members in our ward told us it was best not to give them Books of Mormon because the whole idea of God is foreign to them - let alone another ancient record. So we ran to the library in the church and there were some Chinese Gospel Principle books that we gave them so they could learn more. And thanks to divine revelation, I had grabbed some Chinese Restoration Pamphlets last time we were in Montreal and we were able to give those to them as well. It was such a neat experience and I'm so grateful for revelation. Heavenly Father is watching over ALL of His children, whether they know Him or not. He loves us all so much and I get to feel that every day as I talk to His children. It is such a blessing to know that He lives and loves us. We are His children and He knows us all. He wants us to come to Him but He won't make us. We have to choose to do as he asks. When we do, we are richly blessed. How merciful and loving is our Father.
I love you all. Thank you for the many prayers for me, my companions and the people of Ottawa. Miracles are happening.
Sincerely,
Sister Tribe
Sister Landeen, Cynthia, Bump, Sandy, Blacky and me. Love this crazy crew.
Bump with her new winter shoes. So funny.
Steve and Kristal and Michelle! A recent convert and some lovely ladies. We went for a farewell lunch for Sister Landeen. We love them.
Last pictures with Sister Landeen
Meet...... SISTER TERRON!!!!
The new sisters and trainers.
Sister Terron, Sister Landeen and I. I'm a giant.
No comments:
Post a Comment