Monday, October 7, 2013

Family & Friends,
I'm weeping a little at the thought of a transfer breakfast. That is so awesome and fun. For us, we get transfer calls Saturday night from the Zone Leaders and we don't find out where anyone else is going untill we call and text and maybe we get to ask the Zone Leaders about  another team. We're not allowed to have district or zone meals together anymore either. We use to do a zone or district meal after district meetings on Wednesday but President asked us to stop. We should be focusing on the work and not each other. We aren't allowed to do group activities on Mondays either but that's ok. Sister Terron and I have a great time together! Thank you for feeding the missionaries. Keep them obedient and never let them stay more than one hour. Its in the white handbook. :) They will be blessed for your desire to keep them exactly obedient.
 
We watched Conference at the church Saturday and Sunday. It was so good. I loved every minute of it. None of our investigators came to the church to watch so we just pray that they watched online. Its just so important. Why don't people get that? A living prophet is speaking to us and is telling us what God needs us to know. So important.
 
Sweet rolls and enchiladas sound so good. Maybe one day when I'm rich, I'll make them. :)
 
That was always mine and Sister Landeen's saying. One day, when we're rich, we'll buy those. Haha super fun.
 
And so much family! That is so awesome! We have the greatest family. Extended and immediate.
 
Well the chocolate you sent has lasted a lot longer then I thought it would ha ha. I'm healthy now. Question mark? Well, healthier. I can't even think about eating all the chocolate or Hi Chews like I use to, one right after another. I try to make healthy things and eat smaller portions. Families always feed us so well and so much and so many good desserts. Haha we do the best we can. Lots of chicken, salad and lettuce wraps with some smoothies or fruit. I don't know what I'm going to do when I have to feed myself for every meal. I'll have to stick to frozen veggies and things. We'll see.
 
Transfer calls are coming up on Saturday and I should be staying. We're going into Montreal on Friday for trainer/trainee meeting. Sister Terron and I should be staying together, here in Fallowfield. I don't know about the Elder's though. Elder Foster might be out because he's been here as long as I have but he's not training. Je ne sais pas.
( A little back ground, I told about a hard class I taught this week.) 
I'm feel you on the children. Its so hard to see. We question,  What is going on back home that has shaped them to be this way? Why? Its so hard but something we talked about over and over again in my training at school is that you have to assume parents are doing the best they can in that moment. No parent wants their children to be "that kid" or wants their child to fail. There are always many factors going on and its so easy to say "Well, if they'd only just..." but that's not our job. Our job is to love their kids the way they are and help them the best way we can. "I gave him to you because you could and would love him." I think that was President Eyring....could be wrong.
 
Speaking of conference, could you order me a Conference Ensign please? I don't know if the mission will give us all one and I like to write in mine. Thank you :)
 
Yay Dad's friend from work! The temple is SO amazing! Oh, families are just the most important. More important than stuff and our own desires for worldly grandeur. I just want to be a mom and stay home with my children. Nothing is more important.
 
Thank you for the prayers. Its been interesting. I'm struggling a bit to find that great desire on being exactly obedient all the time. I guess I need to study the doctrine more. I'm working on it. Its getting better bit by bit.
 
I do want to solicit the advice of all. What are some creative finding ideas? We need new investigators who actually want to learn about that gospel and change their lives. Knocking is lame and not the most effective. We live in a mostly suburban area but their is a lot of low income housing as well. Lots of people from the Middle East and Africa. Lots of refugees. Or on the other hand, we have lots of mid to upper middle class Catholic by tradition or practicing families. Anything would be so helpful because we really need new people to teach. (kimberly.tribe@myldsmail.net)
 
Life is good. We do the best we can in the moment but we always strive to be better. The cold is coming on fast. We bought tights last week but I need a coat and boots. We're going to see if their is stuff people have left behind when we go to Montreal on Friday but we'll see. I bought some tights and a shirt and sweater two weeks ago, got home and realized I really don't need the shirt or sweater so we're going to return them to do. I just really love clothes haha. I will need to buy a few more pairs of thick tights. We haven't found the fleece lined ones yet but we will!
 
I love you all. Study conference talks. Its just so important. The Second coming is coming. We need to prepare. We need to go through our lives and take out the excess and keep what's important. Things are not as important as exhalation.
 
Tell Kristin I love her and I'm praying for her. She's so great. I'm excited for that day we will all be together chatting about mission life. Its going to be fun! Just as long as that day doesn't come soon or too fast. :)

Love,
 
Sister Tribe
 

No comments:

Post a Comment