Hey Family & Friends,
Welp. Not much to report. We REALLY scrubbed our apartment today. It needed it. I also decorated my planner. Did I tell you that we decorate our planners? Super cute idea! Then they are not just boring planners. I actually like looking at it! :) Someone put a bunch of Friend magazines from the 90's in the free bin at the church, so naturally I snagged as many as I could to decorate planners with. I found the best little ditty in there.
Ok, context. We had visited this member family like two weeks ago or so and they invited us over for dinner this past week. (If you want members to invite you for dinner, visit them and give them a reason to want you in their home.) The mom half joking/half serious told us to be good example to their kids. Then I find this quote in the friend and decided it was meant to be my motto for a mo....
TO THE MISSIONARIES
I watch you, and I notice
the way you stand so tall,
the way you hold your head up high -
you're not afraid at all!
The scriptures always in your hand -
you stand out from the rest.
And no matter what the weather is,
you're in your Sunday best.
At Christmastime, you miss your home
you cling to every letter.
I know you love your family,
but you love the Savior better.
From watching you, when I am big,
I know what I will do...
I want to serve a mission,
for I love the Savior too!
Let's just say, I bawled. Haha I cry so much sometimes. Oh man, I just hit my heart. Why are kids so great?! I just want a million of them! Haha Oh man, I just want to love people more. I want charity. I need charity. Its the only way you can hack people slamming doors in your face and giving you the brush off and smirffing you on appointments and just all of it. You have to love them more then you love yourself and your own time.
This weekend was Stake Conference and it was so good. I really love church meetings. I love the priesthood. So good. One of the stake presidency lives like right by us so we went to visit him and his wife one day, to get to know them and ask for a referral. Well, they didn't have anyone haha. BUT in stake conference Saturday night, he got up to speak and started telling the story of us coming over and Sister Terron and I were like, "Oh no. Where's he going with this one?" Haha he shared that it was uncomfortable for us to ask them for a referral and it was more uncomfortable that he didn't have anyone for us to visit. He said that those uncomfortable feelings we get are God telling us its time to change or time to do something different. He said he committed himself to change. To make new friends. To pray for courage to open his mouth. To find those he needs to find to help the work progress. Awesome. It was an awkward visit toward the end but we were so glad it motivated him to change. Our stake presidency is SO missionary work minded. They really pushed it this weekend and talked about the ward council oval. What our job is as missionaries and what all our responsibility is as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saint. Who are we to keep this all to ourselves? We have a duty to God to share it! We covenanted to do so at baptism and in the temple. Love that!
What the Kristin has a boyfriend?! I need details and pictures. And more info. Oh, sometimes you just want to know all the good stuff going on at home but no one tells you. Haha I guess that's part of consecrating all of our time to the Lord. No juicy gossip. :)
Well, I love you all. I pray for you always. Say hi to my siblings for me and let me know what's going on with all of them if you can. We still have yet to go coat shopping or anything. One day we'll go. Coats and boots are expensive. And so are tights, socks, gloves, hats and all that other good stuff. Haha C'est ca.
Love you all! Pray for you always!
Love,
Sister Tribe
Finally eating at the Baskin Robins behind our house. Literally, its right below our balcony.
We made pie pops at a Relief Society meeting the other night. So fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment