Bonjour ma famille!!
I'm starting to understand what people were saying about greenie French headaches. Our temporary ward mission leader only speaks Spanish and French so we have correlation in French. Woof. It was a rough hour. My head was hurting by the end. Haha it could have been a combo of fasting and French and new stuff but it is going to be interesting.
Yay Kirkland! I think I'm going to love it here! Sister Berry is awesome and a little crazy and I love it. She is from St. George UT and she is the oldest of 4 from a long time member family. She is the first of her generation in her family to go on a mission so yay for that! She was also trained by Sister Landeen so that's kind of neat too. We share Sister Landeen stories.
Kirkland feels like a tiny ward. There were 77 people at church on Sunday and the last Sunday I was in Fallowfield there was 260 in sacrament. Haha Lots of work to be done! So excited! The elders in our ward are the Zone Leaders and one of them was in Ottawa when I came in so I know him a bit. Elder Williams and Elder Johnson. Our district is made up of us and Elder Cameron and Elder Durane who are in a little branch north of us. Elder Cameron and I came out together so its kind of fun to see him now! He was in the accelerate french program so I only met him a few times in the MTC. Its great.
Kirkland is on the west north part of the island of Montreal. Everything is in French. The stores, road signs, everything. Its a bit intense. You really have to be bilingual here. And just about everyone is to some extent.
We live like two minutes away from the church. Yay! And we do service at an assisted living place like a stones throw from our apartment. We do arts and crafts with the old ladies. :) Or decorate for Christmas.
Funny story. Our ward mission leader came up to me while Sister Berry was talking to someone and started rattling off in French. I just nodded and throw in a few oui's and then when he left Sister Berry asked me what he said. I told her I got nothing but I think we're having a meeting after church and that he welcomed me to the ward. Oh man. Its going to be interesting.
So we feed ourselves here. Haha! Goodbye to dinner appointments every night. Yay opportunities to cook!
There is a kid from this ward who is serving in Ogden!!!! His name is Elder McPhearson.....or something to that effect. Have you met him? He's Spanish speaking I think. So maybe in the Spanish branch? This is his home ward so if you ever meet him, that would be weird and cool!
The house is low on groceries. Yay for the first of the month when we're rich again! Haha we are planning some serious shopping and healthy shopping.
There are some awesome members in this ward. The temporary ward mission leader is the 1st counselor in the bishopric and his wife is the relief society president. The Rivas family from Venezuela. I love them. They are awesome. Sister Rivas speaks french, Spanish and English and Brother Rivas only speaks french and Spanish. I say only but really I think "holy moly I need to learn some more languages". I am so amazed at the gift of tongues I see here. Almost everyone speaks 2 or more languages. I want to learn to speak beaucoup de langue. One day....
There is a less active family we work with who only speaks Spanish so I want to learn how to pray and bear testimony in Spanish. We're going to ask the office if we can. Yay! Also we always take Spanish speaking members with us.
What else to say......hum....
We are teaching Demi, most likely high functioning autism and Greek Orthodox. Doesn't know anything about God or Jesus Christ so we try and teach really simply and it seems to be going well. We teach a guy named Edris who is Muslim. He doesn't really believe in Islam. He is searching for the truth. He thinks Jesus Christ and Mohammad are the same person just called by different names so he's pretty confused. He is here getting his PhD and is so nice and we really want to help him find the truth. We are working with some awesome less actives as well. A gal named Sarah whose parents are super active but she stopped going when she was 18 or so. We're reteaching her everything. The other day she rediscovered that it all comes back to Jesus Christ not Joseph Smith. It is Christ's church. We read the Book of Mormon so we can know what we need to do to return to live with Him and Heavenly Father. Beautiful discovery. I wish everyone understood that. And they will! One day..... Yay missionary work!
Well, my time is about up. I love you all. I know miracles happen. Sometimes they are just tiny miracles and if we're not looking for them, we miss them. Its so important to look for them! Its in those tiny miracles we see God's great love for us and for all those around us. I know Heavenly Father's real. Sister Berry just told me another miracle! I love the GREAT POWER OF THE LORD!!!! HE IS OVER ALL!!!!!
Passee une bonne semaine! ....Or something like that. Love you!!!
Sister Tribe
My favourite family! LOVE Luisa and Juliana and Ben!!!
Gave my little English Hymnal to Lu because she just loves the hymns so much. I love that little girl!
Last pictures with Sister Terron before we left for the bus. Love that girl.
Meet Sister BERRY!!!!
- Girl is crazy but I love her! We're going to have a great transfer....
Yay Chocolate Advent Calendars!
The chocolate wouldn't come out of the plastic of the advent calendar Elder Durane, our district leader, gave us
No comments:
Post a Comment