C'est ma cantique preferer!(This is my favorite song!)
"He is risen! He is risen! Tell it out with joyful voice. He has burst his three days' prison; Let the whole wide earth rejoice."
I actually wrote down things I wanted to tell you guys about today! Yay! Progression.
Most of them are questions for my mom though so....so much for that. Haha
It was Easter this week! Here, its considered a holy WEEK. So no one had work last Friday or today. Canadians love a reason to take off a Monday.
Side note: I found out there is a Lindt chocolate outlet here on the West Island. We drove by it the other day. This could be a problem. May we never enter that store.
So Easter! The stake hosted an Easter Concert Saturday night and different groups from the stake sang. All the missionaries sang, of course. A man from our ward filmed it and he's going to send it to you later! So yay! You can hear us singing. And see all my best friends. I love missionaries.
Then Sunday we had a Easter miracle..........A DAY FULL OF THINGS TO DO!!!!!!! We had appointments all day! Its was beautiful. That almost never happens here. We were so grateful. Now if only that could make that happen every day........ :) So after church we met with a returning member and talked about Easter. Then we went to another less active member's house and they just talked a whole bunch, but we were able to say a prayer with her and leave (almost) on time so that was progress! After that we visited a American family in the ward who are moving back to the States and we shared the Easter story with them and challenged them to give a Book of Mormon away before they leave. After that we had dinner at a member's home and they had invited another member family as well. We ate lamb and all kinds of delicious things. I love going to this member's house because they make classic, tasty, homey things. I love it. Its all classic Sunday dinner stuff - so good! I have yet to master the Sunday dinner. One day.....
So I want to tell you more about the less active we visited who talks a lot. Her name is Linda. We have three less active Linda's in our ward, but this is not the Linda we celebrated her birthday with or the one who Sister Berry loves. This Linda is an uncertified reiki specialist, certified diabetic toe nail cutter, a life coach, a makeup rep, meditation enthusiast, an eyebrow repair master (she saves eyebrows that have gone wrong) and a million other things. She's awesome and loves to help people in a multitude of ways. She has so much knowledge in her head that when we come she just talks and talks and talks and talks and we learn lots of cool little things but its a lot of talking. This time we got to say a prayer with her so that was good. She talks a lot about gospel truths just the terminology she uses is different. Its really interesting to hear the "worldly" explanations of things. (They are not so much worldly but just life coachie.) She's going to save Sister Berry's eyebrows so she can't pluck for a month. That's a long time.
So I realized that I graduated university one year ago this coming Saturday. That's weird. I also got an email from Dr. Merrill so that was super exciting.
Also I learned how cloth diapers work this week. They seem kind of cool.
Sister Berry and I talked about those Sky Dancer Barbies that you would launch in the air. I forgot about those. Those were cool.
My prayers are with all the Mamas who are going through tough pregnancies. What a miracle it is to help people come into this world. I love you!
The Resurrection is the greatest. That's why Christ came. So that He could overcome death and sin. What a miracle! We are so blessed to know that He not only suffered for our sins but for all our weaknesses, pains, hard times and everything else we go through. (Alma 7:11-13) He knows us and loves us. Its our opportunity in this life to learn to love Him and everyone else as He does. And to show it.
LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Sister Tribe
No comments:
Post a Comment