Monday, April 28, 2014

Its May! It's May! The.......lovely month of May? Are missionaries even allowed to say lusty?‏

Hola family, 

Oh wait, I've been trying to work on my French more.

Bonjour ma famille! 

Ok, exciting things to share! We have two new investigators this week! That doubles the amount of new investigators we've gotten the whole time I've been here. Two in two days. It was a miracle. And they are both member referrals! And they both seem pretty solid...I think. Well one more then the other but we have high hopes for them both! 

So one, Martha, is from Columbia. She's got some serious health problems but she is so sweet. She use to meet with missionaries all the time and three of her daughters even got baptized! So there is hope there. There is a very peaceful spirit in her home and we are excited to get to know her more. 

And then there's Jenn. Jenn is awesome. We were able to teach her in the member's home who referred her, and it was great. The Spirit was there and she was very open. She took notes (I was having a Brother Diaz flashback) and she asked great questions. She even told us we did a great job teaching. Haha it was awesome! She's really busy wrapping up a project at work right now so we won't get to meet with her this week but the next week we are going to meet with her. We're so excited! We're talking to the member making sure Jenn gets invite to church with her, and she's talking to her about the Book of Mormon and all that good stuff. We're so excited. We even asked her to be thinking about if she knew that the things we were talking about were true if she would be baptized. We've got high hopes. 

Last Monday we did a district activity with the Elders. We made enchiladas and played volleyball and it was so fun. I really love enchiladas. And our Elders. 

So, we got to go to cabane a sucre aka sugar cabin. So exciting. It a place where they make maple syrup. The real stuff. Its so good. So you go in and they take you to a giant room full of long tables and you sit down and they bring you a giant pot of soup. Split pea soup. So good. So you eat a big bowl or two of that (with a splash a maple syrup in it of course) and then they take that away. Next, they start bringing out all kinds of things. Fried potatoes, little hot dogs (yeah, I loved that), baked beans, bread, bacon, fried pig skin, cold slaw and yeah. You get a big old plate of that and then you put maple syrup on all of it and it tastes really good. And they just keep bringing you stuff. You can eat as much as you want. It was awesome. Then for dessert they bring you sugar pie and thick crepes and you cover then in maple syrup and eat it. It so yummy. I love that place. After we ate, we went out and saw farm animals (a duck almost bit me when I tried to touch it) and then we went to the little shack where they make the maple taffy. Its just maple syrup they've cooked down and they pour it over snow and stick a popsicle stick in it. You roll it on the stick and eat it. Its so good. We walked outside after though and it got in my hair. Darn that wind sometimes. But it washed right out so no worries. 

So I was reading about charity and love and missionary work and I think just the work of the Lord in general. Two scriptures I really loved from it: Doctrine and Covenants 112:14
"Now, I say unto you, and what I say unto you, I say unto all the Twelve: Arise and gird up your loins, take up your cross, follow me, and feed my sheep." Boom. Pretty much all of Christ's discourses on doing His work in one verse. So good.
And 1 Thessalonians 2. The whole chapter. So good. Go ahead and give it a read. I'd highly recommend it. 

We can love and serve and help others. We just need the Lord's help to do it. God is love and we can be filled with the Love of Christ if we seek it. 

Love you all so much! 

Sister Tribe 
Easter candies! The chicken had a chocolate egg inside full of (Canadian) Smarties!
Got to go to cabane a sucre(sugar cabin) with the Young Men and Young Women on Saturday! 

Nous mangeons beaucoup.(we eat a lot)

Me eating maple taffy

J'aime cabane a sucre. 
My blessed Aunt Janice and Uncle John sent me a package! Janice KNITTED me a scarf! Its beautiful and so warm. And they sent me a box of chocolate covered apricots. I love chocolates! I have the best family ever. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment