I never know if I spell French things right. Sans judgement. Or something like that.
Ok, so crazy thing. We pull into the church parking lot yesterday and there is this BIG OLD bus/RV in the parking lot. Like HUGE. And all of us are like, "What? Who is that?" One lady went out and invited the driver to come in and he said two of the girls on the bus were going to. We thought that was weird but cool. Maybe they're members and are traveling. But what about the rest....maybe they are a part member family. Maybe they are investigating and are super dedicated. Maybe who knows! So the two girls walk in right before sacrament meeting starts and we're kind of looking at them thinking, "Hum....they kind of look familiar." After sacrament we went up and talked to them and they were super not sharing heaps of information. "Oh we're just passing through. Googled where the nearest church was. My name is Lindsey." Things like that. Well, after she walked out, I turn to Sister Berry and say, "That was weird. She looked familiar." Sister then says, "It was Lindsey Stirling, the YouTube sensation." WHAT! Check out her I'm a Mormon Video:
She's touring in this area and stopped to take the sacrament. Super cool! Kind of crazy.
We had a really great Zone Conference. I love Conferences. Our ward did the lunch and it was super yum. I love burgers and ice cream cake. They are beautiful people. Talked about talking WITH people not talking AT them. Getting to know people. They can see our name tags, they're not dumb. So that was great. I really didn't like contacting much lately because I felt like we were trying to shove the church in people's faces instead of talking to people, so we know how best the church can bless them.
Father's Day was fun! We went to Priesthood Executive Committee (and we had Ward Council this week) which was great because we really need to get united. One plan. So we're on our way! Then one of the cutest families here invited us for dinner. They invited their whole family which was fun. They are all in the ward and we met them all at Christmas too. We chatted with them and had a great time. Today their daughter cut my hair. FINALLY! Its been like 9 months. Nothing fancy, just a trim but it is great. They have a daughter out too right now, so they just take such great care of us. They really are lovely.
Well I'm out of time. So crazy. I love you all. Take care of my baby girl. I love her! We have transfer calls this week so we'll see what happens. The Lord has a mighty work for us all to do so we just need to listen and hop to! The Spirit taught me this week that personal revelation is really personal commandment. We need to listen or we are denying ourselves the opportunity to serve others and receive blessings.
Oh! Funniest story. So Sarah (our LA) loves Sons of Anarchy. We were talking and somehow it came up that we all have motorcycle licenses and that we took the concealed weapons permit class. I told her how we were a family gang, the Tribe, and that we would go for family rides. She said, "Oh, so you're the 1%." We didn't know what that meant so she told us that only 1% of motor cycle gangs were into illegal activity. Yep, that's us. The 1%. I laughed so hard. She's so funny. Obviously, we don't, but it was really funny.
So glad to hear Chase is doing well. I pray for him (and all of you) every day, twice a day.
LOVE YOU!
Sister Tribe
Blits the area. Then went to Menchies. So yum. Sister Orozco and Sister Cutler.
Zone Conference with both Montreal English Zones. These are all the Sisters!
(Don't mind my terrible hair. I didn't have time to do it before we left so it got thrown in a bun at some point.)
Sister Herrera and I are back together! We're in neighboring zones so we get to see each other at Stake things. I LOVE HER! Sister Berry bombing in the background.
No comments:
Post a Comment