Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Terrebonne (Good Earth)


Hey fam.

The word is out. I'm going to Terrebonne! French! I'm so excited and so nervous! My mind has been racing since Saturday when we got the call. I'm going to need the help of every French speaking angle to understand what's going on. Greenie headache, here I come! Haha Naw, I'm hopeful it won't be too bad. People have said that the Terrebonne accent isn't too bad so (fingers crossed) I'll be able to pick it up quick and understand. I'm so excited for French. Our current district leader served there for about 9 months so he was giving me the down low on Sunday night. Its a big ward. Lots of youth. Huge area. Like a couple hours of driving from one side to the other. Its like Fallowfield all over again. They kicked the Elders out so now there is only one team of Sisters in the ward. I'm so excited.

I'm going to be in a trio with Sister Murdoch (who I know from Ottawa) and Sister Hernandez, who I don't think I've ever met. So yay! Excited for that.

Sister Berry will be staying and receiving Sister Narraidoo, her third French companion. She's excited for that. I think we both needed a change.

So the craziness has begun of running around, trying to say goodbye to everyone and not miss anyone. I also have to pack and clean and get everything ready for Sister Narraidoo. Super busy time!

Sister Terron is staying in Fallowfield for her 8TH TRANSFER! Can you believe it? I told her she isn't allowed to leave because if she left no one would know how much I love everyone there. Sister Herrera will be going to Quebec City! I'm so excited for her! She thought she'd avoid French but its coming at her full force. I'm excited for her. I told her to save me a bed because we were going to finish our missions together up there. I love her so much! It'll be the farthest apart we've been since we started our missions. I'm going to miss her!

What else is there to say....

um....


TOPH IS GOING ON A MISSION!!!! What could be better?! I just cried when I saw his email and I lost it when I watched the clip of him opening his call. I'm so proud of him. I can hardly stand it. Its going to bless your life in ways you'd never think. You learn so much on the mission. Just be open and willing to do anything. Whatever the Lord wants, just do it. Don't let yourself be scared once you get there. Just go and do it. Talk with everyone. Be friendly. Don't chase people down, but be friendly. Love people. Its so hard but its the best way. And don't listen to Satan. He's going to do whatever he can to stop you but don't listen to him!

Well time is up! Its goes so quick.

I really love the Lord. He listens to us and he helps prepare us for all that lies ahead. The tender gifts of the Spirit that he gives us just amaze me. Maybe its heightened on the mission, but he really blesses us. He prepares us for all the changes in our lives. He doesn't want us to be scared or overwhelmed but happy and productive. He loves us.

I love you family! Be good!

Love,

Soeur Tribe
Walking our investigator's dog, Smokey!

Ok. We'd been hearing about this way cool park and the other day we found it! It was super secret because from the road all you see is a wall of trees and little openings. So we went in and there is this HUGE park right in the middle of DDO! And it has a super cool (man made) lake in it! So we hiked around the woods for a bit, took a turn about the lake and hiked back out of the woods. So cool! 
So I'm flipping through an old ensign the other day and what do I find? The Bride family, fight against gang involvement. We all knew Danny B and Maria are nothing but trouble. 
I'm going to miss our Young Women's so much! Love these girls! 

Us in front of the Kirkland sign. 
Goodbye pictures. 

Sister Kirkey. I'm going to miss her so much. 

Linda. I love Linda. I'm going to miss her so much too! 






       

No comments:

Post a Comment