I'm trying to think of what to say about this past week. It was a bit of a tough week. Sister Berry and I were both kind of in a funk and it is a bit of a battle to try and climb out of but we're working on it. We were able to go on exchanges this week with the Sister Training Leaders and that helped a lot. I got to go to La Salle with Sister Orozco (another one of Sister Landeen's greenies) and Sister Berry worked our area with Sister Cutler. I love those Sisters so much! Sister Berry and Sister Cutler were both going through the same thing this week with the end of their missions coming up, so they were able to talk it out together and empathize with each other. Sister Orozco and I were able to talk about what our companions are going through and how it's been affecting us and what we can do about it. We came to the conclusion that we need a change. We are going to redecorate. Paint something maybe, got some new furniture, rearranged things, cleaned. Its going to be good.
I kind of love the La Salle ward. They just function so well. They do what they are suppose to, they have lots of fun activities and they are a really big unit. It reminds me of Fallowfield. Oh Fallowfield, it was my first and forever love. Its fun to go down to La Salle for a day and work. And its super French there so that's always really nervous and fun.
The Young Women did a garage sale on Saturday to help raise money for camp. We were going to go help set up in the morning and then return home, study and that stuff and come back later and help clean up. Yeah. That didn't happen. We ended up staying all day. They did pretty well! A lot of people donated stuff to sale and a lady who lives across the street, who's moving, came over and donated tables, chairs, a couch, all kinds of things. It was awesome! Luckily one of the coffee tables and the couch didn't sale, so it got donated to our apartment. YES! Redecorating! Its a cool green leather couch. We're excited. BUT, because we weren't planning on being there all day, I didn't put on sunscreen and I got fried. I was wearing a shirt that came to my elbows and my watch so I have the goofiest lines now. The joys of being a missionary. :) I'm wearing short sleeves today and everyone keeps eyeballing my arms. The shame....
Other than that there isn't much to report on this week.
In exciting Fallowfield news, Sister Terron (Yes, she's still there!) told me that Brother Diaz, our recent convert, received the Melchizedek Priesthood and is now the assistant ward mission leader! Are you kidding me?! Our baby is growing up so fast! I'm thrilled! I could hardly believe it when she told me. Oh, he was SO ready for the gospel. Like nine months ago he walked into the church and asked to meet with missionaries and now he's a Melchizedek Priesthood holder. The gospel really is a miracle! Who knew he could change his life so much and so fast. He went from spending almost every night in the bar, to preparing to enter the holy Temple to be sealed to his wife for time and all eternity at the end of this year. Its a miracle!
We're in the Apple store again. The computers at our church are still down so we've been coming here until the internet gets up and running again. Its always awkward because the workers will try and sale us on stuff and we have to tell them that we're just emailing our families. Most of them recognize us and the Elders by now. C'est bon.
I am always amazed at how the Lord knows us and how inspired Priesthood blessings really are. We asked the Elders to give us blessings on Sunday and Sister Berry went first. As soon as the Elder started talking I was blown away by how it was exactly what she needed. So beautiful. Then I went and again, it was just what I needed to hear and the council was perfect for how I can improve. It was truly a blessing from God. If you haven't received a blessing in a while, get one. They are so comforting and guiding. NEVER HESITATE TO ASK FOR A BLESSING! After you receive it, do what you're told or inspired to do. Blessings will follow. God is willing to give us guidance if we are willing to seek it out and obey it when we receive it.
My new favorite talk from Conference this Spring:
So I don't having anything else really to say. I know that life is a process. Sometimes we're up and sometimes we're down. The goal is to help ourselves stay up longer and make the downs not so down. There is always a way to change and come closer to God. The trick is learning to be creative and see the way that God has provided for us to escape our temptations. (1 Corinthians 10:13)
I love you all heaps. Be good this week!
Love,
Sister Tribe
All I have to show for this week is a super nasty sunburn I got while we were helping with the Young Women's garage sale. Oh the shame.....
No comments:
Post a Comment