Monday, August 11, 2014

My companion punched me today.‏

Hey Fam.

Its true Sister Leano punched me today. I told her to though so I guess it was ok. Somethings wrong with me. I think I'm sick. There is this part of my chest that really hurts so I asked her to punch me there to see if it would help. It didn't.

Today I forgot to put on mascara. I remembered the rest of my make up, even eye liner but no mascara. So I look a little weird today. Good thing its p-day and at some point we'll be going back to the apartment.

I don't ever know what to say in emails anymore. Haha I feel like at the beginning of the mission you have so much to say because everything is new and intense and everything, but then we keep going and things become more normal, like talking to total strangers and not understanding when people speak fully, and I just don't even know what to say.

Ok. So, Sister Leano is from Draper but she was born in Cali but her parents are from Bolivia. She so stinking beautiful. And she's so funny. We just goof around all the time, plotting how best to scare Sister Munive and Sister Cummings, giving commentary to the doings of the people around us as we drive, testifying to everyone and trying to speak French. She's pretty good and she understands a lot. We almost understand what people are saying most of the time. Kind of. Haha Its good. We get to listen a lot and allow people to work through things themselves. And then we testify of Christ. It works most of the time.

The rat trap is working nicely. We used it the other day with another member. Did I tell you about the rat trap? Elder Sloot did it to us once in district meeting. Its pretty good.

Ok, transfers were so crazy and weird and amazing all at the same time. There were like 20 new missionaries who came in and just as many or more who left. It was so weird. Pretty much everyone I know from the mission went home. So weird. Elder Dawagne is our new district leader and he's training as well. He's from Belgaum so he speaks French so he helps us a lot when we have French questions.

Every appointment we had this week canceled. Not that we had a lot but the ones we did have canceled. Haha So we ran around a lot. We did do a coin du feu and discovered that no one really understands me when I speak. So when I use some Spanish no blinks an eye because they just think its me trying to speak French still. haha But French is getting better. And when I really need it, its there. Like yesterday we talked to a potential we contacted when I was in the trios, named Denise. We some how were able to understand her and she understood us for the most part too. She's not interested yet BUT we're going to bake her some cookies and go back another day. She'll come around.

We had a killer meeting with the Bishop this week. He had us, the ward missionaries, the ward mission leader and the bishopric in a meeting and we were talking about what we needed to do to help this ward grow. Namely, he wants the ward missionaries to visit all the members and encourage them to do their missionary work. Oh. Its gonna be good. We are going to take pictures of us today and print them out, write our names and number on them and give them to all the members with our names and phone numbers, because members are more willing to give their friends and family over if they know the missionaries. Oh, they're going to know us. And we're going to plan a cool youth activity.

Well, I`m out of time. Love you all heaps.

The gospel can change your life. You just have to be willing to change. Easier said then done. It takes lots of practice, patience and prayer. But all things are possible thru Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13....I think. :)

LOVE YOU!

Sœur Tribe

Everyone I know on the mission went home this last week.

I thought I was going to die. Haha

FALLOWFIELD FOREVER!
My trainer, Sister Landeen. (Who sent me a picture of herself at home and she was all wrapped up around some guy. I almost threw up a little.)


Fallowfield round two minus Elder Messanger.

Sister Terron is training! Her baby's name is Sister Hill. I told her how blessed she is to serve in Fallowfiled. Yay, Sister Terron is still there. What could be better? :)


The générations! My trainer - Sister Landeen, me, my trainee - Sister Terron and her trainee - Sister Hill!

Soccer Samedi!

My beautiful new companion, SISTER LEANO!

So we went to a less active's house that I had never met before and found out that they have many exotic birds. And we asked if we could hold one. When it was my turn to hold it, it crawled all the way up my arm, behind my head and tried to go down my other shoulder when the Brother picked him up and took him away. He said he was going to poop on me. Thank you for saving my shirt. Hahah








No comments:

Post a Comment