Monday, May 27, 2013

Hey Mama,
 
Poor little poodle dog Maegan. Poor little crippled Dan. What are we going to do with them? Thank heavens you all are able to go out and help them. You're awesome. Seriously, super awesome. What's Toph going to do while you're gone? Is he going with you?
 
Thank you so much for the packages! I'm sorry I forget to acknowledge some of them. I think I've said this before but the MTC (and a mission?) is like living in a time warp. You're never sure exactly what day it is and days kind of blend together. Hours seem to take so long but weeks go by SO quickly. Its a little crazy trying to remember when things happened. So sorry for that. And shout out to my amazing aunt Brenda! Thank you so much for the package and the aloha note. I loved it. It was so sweet and made me cry a bit.
 
Thank you for sending me all those addresses! I get impressions to write people some days and then I don't have their addresses and I have to wait another week to be able to carry out the prompting. Its a bit crazy.
 
So sometimes people, like Mike and Jarrahlee, write me in French and I have no clue what they say. Haha I have to have Soeur Edwards translate for me. There are just some conjugations and tons of vocab I have no clue about still. Haha luckily, I have her and she is so kind and helpful in helping my French everyday. So patient!
 
So I bawled when I read that story Dad sent, the one about the missionary who dreams of meeting Christ. Awesome. Thank you so much. So that sister went to Madagascar?! My companion is going to Madagascar speaking French! Does she have any advice for her? We're always trying to hunt down people who have served our missions to better prepare ourselves.
 
I've been thinking a lot about Jenny Hansen lately and I've actually dreamed about her too. Tell her I love her and I pray for her next time you see her please. I'm so grateful for the example she is to me and try my best to follow it.
 
So we had an awesome devotional last night and after we got to watch Sister Monsen's funeral service. So the devotional was Brother Stephen B. Allen (director of missionary department). He had planned on showing us these old funny comercials that the church had and had a bunch of jokes and fun messages to go along with it. When he arrived last night he was told we were going to watch the funeral after he left and had the impression he needed to change his talk. So he completely winged it! He just went with the spirit and it was this amazing message! He talked about how he was being an example of when we feel an impression sometimes we need to throw everything we've planned out the window and just go with the spirit. He talked about the importance of relying on the Lord (prov. 3:5-6, my favorite scripture). He also talked about an experience where when he was a mission president he had an Elder whose dad died while he was gone. The missionary stuck it out and two weeks before he went home, he died in a car accident. The elder's uncle at the funeral shared a dream he had after he found out that he was dead and he was in this room where they were making mission assignments on the other side. There was one man they couldn't figure out who his companion should be and one of the gentlemen in charge said "Wait a minute, I know who it should be." He then left the room and came back with the elder who died. The man who needed a companion was his father. The uncle then testified that he had been called home to continue the work on the other side. What an amazing story. Truly, God is in charge and ALL things our done for our good and for the good of the work.
 
Speaking of dreams, everyone has weird dreams here! The MTC is a hot bed of weird dreams. I have just random dreams all the time and so do my Soeurs and everyone else I talk to here. If only I were like Joseph and could interpret them! Brother Allen last night also advised us to keep dream/night time inspiration journals. He said never ignore a thought that wakes you in the night and never rationalize that you will remember it in the morning. You won't. Awesome! Love it! I need to work on that. Oh also, we sang/listed to Come, Come Ye Saints. Awesome missionary anthem! Made us all a little nervous because he had just talked about the missionary who died and then we were sing and should we die, before our journey through happy day, all is well. So there's that. Haha
 
I wish I knew what else to say. I love the MTC! The food, meh, but everything else is great. Frustrating and trying at times but always worth it. I'm still working on some sweet advice for Toph. I have a few things to send him that he will need to hold on to tell he leaves. He'll appreciate it. Or he better. :)
 
I love you all! Thank you for the love and support. I'm grateful for prayers on behalf of missionary work and for the well being of others. I love the Lord. I love Him. He does so much for me and I'm just starting to really understand a bit of that. Scriptures are awesome, I get so pumped reading them. You all should pick up a Book of Mormon sometime and give it a good read. I love it!
 
Love,
 
Soeur Tribe



I haave told her a million times, pretty girls should not make ugly faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment