Monday, December 16, 2013

Bonjour ma famille! 

So much snow here. Oh my. It will be a white Christmas after all. 

People are so funny here. We will call and try to confirm appointments and people will tell us we can't come because of the snow... We're going out regardless if you let us come over or not so please just let us into your house so we don't have to walk around in it. Haha silly Canadians. You'd think they'd be use to it by now. 

I wanted to tell you about this awesome family, the Simcovits. They are so nice. We went over to their house for lunch the other day and there had been this crazy mix up about Christmas Eve dinner. They had invited both teams over and then President sent out an email stating we were not allowed to have more then one team at a dinner, even on holidays. Any who, they thought we wouldn't be coming over for Christmas Eve, but they had bought us presents! They wanted us to open them right then so we did. They had bought Sister Berry and I each a beautiful pair of earrings. They were so lovely! I was going to take a picture of them to send but I forgot. Next week. It was so nice of them. But then they decided to invite one of our investigators to Christmas Eve dinner, so the Elders said we should go and they are going to go over for Christmas Day breakfast. They are so kind. We love them. 

While at their house for lunch, we got on the topic of opening mission calls and what was our reaction when we read it. We both had our mission call letters on YouTube (Thank you again Jenny Hansen!) and they watched them. Lo and behold, I had seen Sister Berry's YouTube video before! I had watched it one night before I left! I searched for people opening their mission calls going to CMM and had watched her mission call opening! So crazy! Now we're companions!  Yay! 

We have a wonderful ward. We have been invited for Christmas Eve dinner with the Simcovits and we have two invites for Christmas Day. We are hoping we can go to both but we're not sure of the time for either of them. We will hopefully be Skyping from Sarah's house (a fantastic less active/part member family who we love!) and then we're going to another families home as well. Like I said, we don't know the details yet so I'll let you know next Monday. Sorry! 

Our Relief Society President, Sister Rivas, had a brilliant idea. She wrapped up a bunch of Books of Mormons and MoTab CDs and we presented the to the ward the opportunity to give the BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER! The message of the Restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Each of the members was invited to think of someone they knew and then we, the missionaries, are going to go and deliver them to their friends and families! It is such a great idea! 

I love Christmas. I'm so excited for this time to study and learn more about my Savior. It is truly a miracle to know who we are and who we can become through his merciful atonement. I love Jesus Christ, the little babe wrapped in swaddling clothes. I love my Heavenly Father who is watching over all of us. I'm grateful for the angels all over the world who are declaring glad tidings of great joy. May God bless us all with the courage to share the wonderful message of Christmas. We have a Savior and it is through Him that we may all be saved. 

I love you all! 

Sister Tribe 
Us right now
Yay Church History Centers! 

Its snowed heaps yesterday. This was us this morning in the Church parking lot.

I ran up the hill thinking it would be solid. It wasn't. I sank right down in. 



We straightened Sister Berries hair! 


Its freezing. Our windows have a serious layer of ice on them. Like an inch. Haha! 

Happy Christmas from the smallest and most awesome district this side of the island! 

No comments:

Post a Comment