Monday, December 9, 2013

"When you see that baby come out of her body, it'll change your life."‏

That's a quote from PEC yesterday. Those poor Elders. Sage advice from the Elders Quorum President. :) 

Hola famille! 

So funny story. Yesterday we went and met with a potential investigator and we ended up getting three new investigators out of a 15 minute lesson on the restoration. What the? Is this South American? Is this Africa? Nope, its Quebec. Haha They are Hindu so they told us they believe everything. Brilliant. They already believe everything we're going to tell them! Now we just need to help them narrow down that faith to the truth. :)

We're teaching a lot of Indian people. And by a lot I mean 2 out of our 4 investigators, the 3 new investigators and we have 2 potentials. So yeah. Awesome. 

Question...did I even get my diploma? Just a thought.

We had a weird awesome experience last night. We forgot to write down someones address we were going to pass by and so we were left without someone to visit at 8pm at night. We prayed to know where we should go and I felt inspired that we should talk to this girl who was standing on a corner behind us. She had been standing there the whole time we were there. We pulled the car around, parked and went and talked to her. I asked her where a street was and she told me she didn't speak English. We (Sister Berry) started talking to her in French and she was super Quebecois. We told her who we were and she told us we were angels sent to save her. She hugged us and we gave her a Book of Mormon and our card. We asked her if she would be interested in learning more. She said she couldn't because "its complicated". After we left, we both felt concerned for her so we went back to look for her but she was gone. We said a prayer for her and we both had this feeling we had started a domino effect. She was going to meet missionaries again and it may not be us but she was going to find the truth and the gospel and the Church. We were so glad we were able to give her a Book of Mormon. At least now she has God's second witness of His Son, Jesus Christ. It was a miracle. I don't think I'm likely to forget Joel. She's special. God knows her and is aware of her. 

I love you all. I am so excited for this beautiful time of the year we have to celebrate Christ's birth. He lives and is our Saviour. Joy to the world. 

Sincerely,

Sister Tribe 
An awesome women who has no desire to return to church (yet!) made us meatloaf! Her husband is a nonmember (for now) and he loves us! He told us he hopes someone is taking care of his granddaughters so he wants to take care of us. They are so lovely and nice. We just want them to know how much God loves them. 


Baked some chippity chip chips this week! It was awesome.

Shout out to Amanda and my Zambi apron. Yay! 

1 comment:

  1. OH MY Goodness ! I love you - and MISS that big smile of yours - - and hugs ! You are the best sister Missh out there ! your stories are the best and I read this every week even tho I don't always comment or write - I've been terrible - but don't think I don't constantly think of you - and pray for you and know you are in Heavenly Father's thoughts always ! LOVE YOU missy sissy Tribe of Quebec ! anne of lowe

    ReplyDelete