Wednesday, December 25, 2013

"Oh Martha! Oh Christmas!......Oo oo oo the fires of love!"‏

Joyeux Noel ma famille! 

There is a less active women we have been working with a little. She is the one who primarily speaks Spanish but knows French pretty well. Better then us. So we speak French with her and her children. 

We went over for a dinner appointment this week and at the end of eating she told us she had a little present for us. She left the room and when she returned she had two huge bags of toiletries. Toilet paper, soaps, razors, Lysol wipes, chap sticks, you name it. We were so overwhelmed and grateful we didn't even know how to express our thanks. She then went through her cupboards and pulled out groceries and groceries and all kinds of thing. We tried to tell her to stop, we thanked her and thanked her for her generosity and told her it wasn't necessary. The church gave us money each month for things and we were fine. She insisted and then told us about how when she first came to Canada she was having a really hard time. She had no food and would go to this place and that and no one would give her food. She then told us how the Lord has blessed her time and time again and she now has more then she and her family needs so she knows she needs to share all her excess with those around her. She then told us she has kids our age and that she was like our mother and wanted to help us out. Its was a miracle. 

We took to heart what she had told us and then gave some of the food and toiletries to the Elders in our ward and our district. Some of the Elders had run out of money this month and didn't know what they were going to do for food. They had been praying for a miracle as well that someone would give them a way that they could eat for the rest of the month. Then lo and behold, Ingred had given us groceries so we could give some to the Elders. It was a miracle for all. God works in mysterious and indirect ways.

Well, I don't know what else to say. 

We went caroling with all the other missionaries in the area last night and that was fun! We then had a sleep over with the Cornwall Sisters and that was fun to. Their car got stuck so we got to go and help them push it out. Yay snow adventures! 

The more Sisters I meet on the mission and more I want to serve with. That doesn't make sense. There are lots of awesome Sisters in this mission and I love them all. I want to serve with them all! They are so cool. 

Well I'll talk to you guys soon. We're excited for Christmas! I got a little Christmas package from my old ward mission leader in Ottawa. It was some chocolates and a nice card. I knew I was his favorite. :) 

If you haven't seen the Bible Video about the nativity, watch it. Its super powerful. We watched it with a less active the other day and the Spirit was so strong in that room it was crazy. 

I love you all. I know Christ lives. Its a miracle. 

Love, Sister Tribe

We got to go Caroling with all the English speaking missionaries in Montreal! It was so fun! 

Massive and beautiful snowflake


This is Vicky. Her mom Stephanie was baptized like less then 3 months ago and we go visit them every week. I love this little family! Vicky put the scarf on my head then insisted we take pictures because it was so pretty! 
She's the cutest thing in the world. 

Sister Berry and I get stuck in traffic a lot. 

The Cornwall Sister live super far so after caroling they slept over at our apartment. Yay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment