Things are good here in Canada. I'm a bit of a poodle dog but the Elders gave me a blessing yesterday so hopefully it'll pass quickly.
Went on exchanges with the new Sister Training Leader, Sister Cutler from Provo, this week. Super fun! She seems really sweet and I love the La Salle ward so I'm always excited to go there and meet with the people of that ward. That ward is HUGE! The Sisters are working with SO many people too, its crazy. We're hoping we can start picking up more and more less actives but lately no one has been calling us back. You know what that means.... Pass-bys!
We went out to dinner with our investigator Demi the other day. She is currently the only investigator we have who actually talks to us. She's awesome. She's either 18, 19 or 20 (she says something different every time someone asks her) and she's Greek. She really wants to get baptized but at the same time she doesn't want to go to church so we've got some work to do. We have high hopes she'll change her heart and start progressing again but if not we'll have to drop her. We picked up a former last week though and we think we'll pick up another this week too! Yay!
So last p-day we went bowling with the Elders for my birthday! We even wore pants. It was so weird. I was just really glad I could get them on. Turbo jam was definitely needed. (Side note: Sister Berry and I have been jammin' it up every day and we are so sore. We did ab jam Saturday and then Sunday I got a cough so my abs are really feeling the burn. Boom baby.) After bowling we went to the Kirkland church and the elders had made me brownies and they bought me a Canadian Habs hat and it was lots of fun. We are so sad. Elder Durane, our district leader, has decided to go home at the end of this transfer! Oh man, its the worst when missionaries go home. We love our Elders!
The Relief Society threw a baby shower for a family in the ward and we were invited! We LOVE the Lucht family and we were so excited to go! We brought a fruit platter and we dipped strawberries (you know how people go crazy for dipped strawberries) and it was so fun! Another one of our favorite people in the ward, Melanie, made her this beautiful cake, and she had written this sweet poem about babies on it and it was so cute! We had so much fun! I love babies and I love the Luchts' baby! She's from Columbia and he's from the States so we get a long quite well. :)
How the heck are my friends? Are they still alive? I sometimes think about them and I hope they are all doing well. Sister Cutler reminded me of Caroline Kunz and that made me think of Laura Stevens and I was thinking about Cat and Ben and all the other crazy marrieds and that made me think about Sarah Jean Hernandez and then I thought about Sarah Diamond and Rachel and Danny B and MaryAnn and Brian and Carly and Hailey and Lance and just everyone. So I hope you all are doing well and know that you're in my prayers. Moving on.
We had a meeting and dinner with our Bishop the other day and it was really fun. Bishop Limoges can really tell a story. I was crying I was laughing so hard the other night. We really love him and his wife and really want to help them in all their undertakings.
Can I have Marcie and Bella's address? I can remember the zip code but for the life of me I can not remember the street name or number. You would think I would remember I did live there for a year. I really want to write them. Please and thank you.
I got a birthday card from the Rivera family in Fallowfield! I love them! They were that awesome family that was so funny and didn't open the door the first time we came but we started working with them and they started feeding us, then we knew we were in their hearts. We love them! I was SO excited! Sam even drew me a pictures. I should have taken a picture of it! I will next week. They are so amazing. I love them.
I think that was all I had to say. Did I ever tell you we teach the Gospel Principles class in this ward? Its rough. We've got some members who come in and make crazy comments which makes it really difficult to teach and we have some less actives who ask deep questions too. We do the best we can but teaching big groups of people is not my favorite. I feel like I'm more effective one on two or two on two.
My favorite part of missionary work is promising blessings. I love it. The Spirit is so strong and we can promise miracles as the Spirit directs and it is so powerful. We've had a few members tell us we made them cry this week because we helped invite the Spirit into their homes. Its so awesome. So powerful. Advice to all future or current missionaries, never hesitate to invoke the powers of heaven down on someone for their righteous actions. Faith proceeds miracles and if they act in faith, miracles can happen.
Je vous aime! Talk to you next week.
Love,
Sister Tribe
Exchanges with Sister Cutler!
We went bowling for my birthday last p-day. Had a great time!
The Elders made me birthday brownies and bought me a Habs hat. Awe, we love our Elders!
My favorite chocolates!
A new skirt that I thought was a sweater at first! Haha thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The contradiction of this package made me laugh. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! My favorite candies/chocolates and Chelene!
Our awesome investigator Demi. We went out for dinner to celebrate my birthday last Tuesday. We love her.
Demi insisted we take a picture with her dog Jackson.
No comments:
Post a Comment