Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Parce que je suis ta femme et tu es mon homme.‏ (Because I 'm your wife and you are my man)

Hey Family,


So I have like next to no time left and I have no clue why. The time just runs away sometimes.

Things I can say about this week.....


Well our district did a fast together last Monday to really help ourselves become more dedicated and receive the revelation necessary help our areas progress and we have truly seen the hand of the Lord this week in his work. It has been in the tiniest ways through. So amazing. Almost all of our investigators right now are men. So we can't visit them alone. So we have to bring a member with us. We can't just be lazy and say, "Oh well Sister So-and-so couldn't come so I guess we'll just go by ourselves." No! We have to find someone. Miracle! The work is SO much better with members. Who are we? Just missionaries who are going to leave at some point but the members, they live here. Its a miracle. So many little things like that. Its just amazing.

We play soccer every week and I love it so much. We are terrible. It just feels so good to run around and play and have fun though. Seriously, so needed. If I don't get a good work out in and eat well lately  I am grouchy. Surprise surprise, Sister Tribe grouchy, but its true. We just have to do some form of service and exercise every day or I just start to slip into the funk. I love service and I love exercise.

Some of the YSA members who live in our ward told us about this way awesome AstroTurf soccer field near by, so we're going to start playing there. Its so fun.

We did splits with the YSA Sisters and I got to work Downtown for the first time ever. I loved it. I love Downtown. I love Metro contacting. Its so good. Seriously, so good. I think I would have liked working Downtown.

So we went to our investigators house on Sunday with a member named Beverly. We taught him a bit and then we ended with a prayer and we were about to go when he mentioned that he wasn't able to go to the hair stylist to get his daughter's hair done for the week. They are from Haiti. So our member was like, "OH! I can do braids for her!" And she did! And it was super cool! And while she was doing that, Jean-Francois started showing us pictures of his family. Jean-Francois' wife died about 2 years ago. So then he showed us a video of her from a trip they took to Haiti. And then he pulled out another video and it was their wedding video. Sister Leano lost it first. Then I started crying. It was so sad because she had just died and here was this beautiful video of their wedding, of course their wedding song is The Power of Love by Celine Dion. I couldn't even help it. We are going to teach him about eternal families.

Well I love you all! Hope you have a great week! #sharegoodness

Love,

Sister Tribe


Went to a lesson at returning member's house the other day and when we walked in the backyard to go to her door we see she had made a fire and we had a lesson outside! Super fun! 

Splits this week with the downtown YSA Sisters! I got to go Downtown and work there for the first time. I love Montreal. There are just so many people. Metro contacting for the first time! Hanging out with Sister Varela!
Love these Sisters! 

Sister Rios, Sister Verela, Sister Leano and moi. 



Me with my first (and probably only) Metro pass.

There was a tiny frog outside our apartment when we were coming back to the apartment the other night. It was so cool! 


So Sister Leano and I made Sister Munive and Sister Cummings a giant cookie and brownie and left it on there car the other day for them to find. We left and when they came home they started telling us about how the Elders made them a giant cookie and brownie. We did a quick double take and yep, the Elders took our note off and put on one with their names on it. Elders. 

 At the ward Corn Boil with our investigators Danny and Barbara and some others. It was so fun! 
Our Relief Society President organized a bunch of funny games and made us team leaders. One of them, we had to pop balloons by sitting on them and then dig through flour with our faces to look for some candy. So fun. 
Today is labor day here! So we went on a "hike" (nature walk) with some of the members of Mascouche. It was fun because our whole district went! 

So that's what we look like today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment