Monday, September 29, 2014

Well well well family,

Another week,  

So last Sunday the LaSalle Sisters called us and told us they had a surprise for us and to meet them by their chapel at 3 pm and wear pants. Pants? What kind of activity do we need to wear pants for? Any who, we met them with some of the other Sisters and they then drove us all up to a undisclosed area. When we pulled up, we were all surprised. It was a Sikh (pronounce seek, ) temple. We went on a tour of the Sikh Temple. It was so cool! Kind of strange but neat. We met a man there who told us about the religion and showed us around. It was fun! In there religion they all sit on the floor because everyone is equal. So that's why we needed the pants. Also, they cover their heads in respect for God so we got to wear scarfs. I was a fan. It was really cool. Neat experience. 

Monday night we went on my first split with the Mascouche Sisters! I got to be with Sister Munive here in Laurier, it was so much fun! Oh, I love that Sister Munive Chico. It was so awesome to feel how the Spirit was guiding me during our interview. The Lord really does know what is going on in the lives of each one of those Sisters and he is making sure they are all getting taken care of. So fun. 

Also I talked one of the YSA kids into getting his mom to making us some empenadas. He did. I love Terrebonne. I'm not even in that area anymore and those wonderful people are still taking care of us. 

Wednesday we went to a Metro station as a district and we sang and contacted people. It was a good idea but it was a bit of a rough start. We will be better next time. It was mostly really funny. I sang Sister Murdoch's rap and now the whole district is going to learn it for next time. Brilliant. 

Thursday was a marathon day of meetings. The Terrebonne Sisters came and slept over with us Wednesday night so that was killer fun. Then the next day we had to be a Villa Maria at 7:45 am for Zone Conference with Elder Bruce A. Carlson of the second quorum of the 70. It was really good. We had that till 3 pm then we had Mission Leadership Council with Elder Carlson and that was really so good. He talked about being a Christlike leader. Amazing. It really is SO important to report back on all our efforts. Return and report. Sound familiar? So important. Then he did a special fireside for all investigators, less actives and recent converts. We had a couple of our people go so we motored down there. It was awesome. But then it got weird. Some ward mission leader took over the question and answer section and talked about the need for members to do their part in missionary work when we were just praying the whole time some one would ask him about baptism or how to endure to the end. We got one pretty good question there at the end from an investigator but it was all in English and our people don't speak English so that was a little tough. The translator did a pretty good job. It was fun because there were a few people there from Terrebonne. I love Terrebonne. 

Friday we ended up doing service with another team of Sisters for their investigator. It was was fun! I was with Sister Torres painting and we both served in Kirkland so we chatted about that. I love these Sisters. They are amazing. 

Women's conference was so good! I'd recommend it to you all. Covenants. Covenants. Covenants. What more can I say?

Sunday was crazy. We are in the process of calling the 100s of potential investigators we have. We seriously have SO many names and numbers. So. Many. We have high hopes for a great week! We are going on two more exchanges this week so yay for that! YSA forever! 

I love you all. I can't believe Toph is a missionary. That's weird and awesome. I love French. Its coming along slowly but I'm starting to feel a little like Soeur Tribe and not just Sister Tribe and now I'm out of time. 

Mormon Messages forever!


LOVE YOU! Hope you work some miracle this week for the Lord. Alma 36:36-37 :) 

Love,

Sister Tribe

Last P-day's surprise trip to a Sikh Temple with the Sisters!

First exchange as a STL with Sister Munive! Love that girl!
ZONE CONFERENE! With Elder Bruce A. Carlos 

The Sisters I came into the field with: Sister Davis, Sister Herrera, me and Sister Godfrey! 


Sister Rios and Sister Torres! 

My first Mission Leadership Council! 
-Our recent convert Carlos is on the phone. :)
Threw a birthday party for Elder Perry! 

Us standing in height order. Left to Right: S. Rios, S. Morales, S. Torres, S. Aveamai, me, E. Hernandez and Elder Perry!

Sister Rios and I waiting for the bus.





No comments:

Post a Comment